Is Binance banned in Nigeria?

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Just today I was told by a friend that Binance has been banned by the Nigerian government about four days ago which I have not heard any news on.
I am even able to enter my Binance app and complete trades as of today but it baffles me where he got the news from as it would not surprise me that the government of the country I am from can do something of that nature.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't really understand the cryptocurrency status in Nigeria because I can see binance sponsoring some activities in Nigeria and we believe that country currency is pound in the country.
Honestly speaking it amazes me to see that a lot of things are being sponsored by winans and some other crypto wallets and even some crypto tokens but it is said that the government placed a ban on cryptocurrency in the country.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
They banned one Binance Nigeria which Binance international disassociated itself completely from. We don't need the permission of the Nigerian government to even access Binance. If they don't allow us to connect normally, we use a VPN.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
They banned one Binance Nigeria which Binance international disassociated itself completely from. We don't need the permission of the Nigerian government to even access Binance. If they don't allow us to connect normally, we use a VPN.
I really loved the info you have given right here as a friend of mine was telling me that Binance was banned in the country but I have been trying to convince him that it is not binance that was banned for I would have seen an update on it.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
Just today I was told by a friend that Binance has been banned by the Nigerian government about four days ago which I have not heard any news on.
I am even able to enter my Binance app and complete trades as of today but it baffles me where he got the news from as it would not surprise me that the government of the country I am from can do something of that nature.
It is not banned and don't mind anything that anyone says. You know how those bloggers can be when they want to make money. If is only SEC that said that Binance has committed a crime.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is not banned and don't mind anything that anyone says. You know how those bloggers can be when they want to make money. If is only SEC that said that Binance has committed a crime.
The SEC were not even talking about Binance. They were rather talking about a supposed subsidiary, Binance Nigeria which Binance disassociated itself with. I believe my country would soon legalize cryptocurrency with the new president in charge.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I even saw a confirmation of the fact that binance has not been banned in Nigeria from CZ binance who stated that we should ignore any kind of news of binance being banned in Nigeria that binance Nigeria is not part of them and they do not recognise that which was said to be banned

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.210
That's part of FUD and most people who spread such information don't even use cryptocurrency. This news has been existing for a long while even though it's only financial institutions that have been restricted from facilitating cryptocurrency transactions.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
I think the new president we have is surely going to do something about it because we can see that the country is improving gradually and I am hoping for the best
The SEC were not even talking about Binance. They were rather talking about a supposed subsidiary, Binance Nigeria which Binance disassociated itself with. I believe my country would soon legalize cryptocurrency with the new president in charge.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.560
Well in Nigeria a user told me that this entity that they banned were nothing more than identity thieves and scammers, but I think that in the United Kingdom and Holland they have been banned and in France there is an investigation against them.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
This is why you can just see that the police is searching the phone of a mere civilian and arresting them or beating them up if the have Binance application on their phone
Well in Nigeria a user told me that this entity that they banned were nothing more than identity thieves and scammers, but I think that in the United Kingdom and Holland they have been banned and in France there is an investigation against them.
Post automatically merged:

This is why you see that a policeman can just decide to beat up a mere civilian just because he has Binance application on his phone and that does not make sense to me anyways

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.560
This is why you can just see that the police is searching the phone of a mere civilian and arresting them or beating them up if the have Binance application on their phone

This is why you see that a policeman can just decide to beat up a mere civilian just because he has Binance application on his phone and that does not make sense to me anyways
What you are telling me is true? in Nigeria a policeman can beat you for having the Binance application on the phone? that is, for using it? This makes no sense at all.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000

This statement is not logically correct. Sometimes, when we want to say things in public spaces like this, we have to ask ourselves if it is sensible.

Now this is the true situation. Because of the high rate of internet fraud among Nigerian youths, the police sometimes search through the phones of Nigerian youths on transit to see if they would get evidences of internet fraud. If you have lots of international transactions on your phone, and you can't explain them, you would be arrested as a possible internet fraudster. I have been stopped before and my phone searched. And they saw lots of dollar transactions on my phone. I explained to them that I am an online writer showing them links of my articles. They let me go. This is just to refute that erroneous and fallacious statement by this poster.
What you are telling me is true? in Nigeria a policeman can beat you for having the Binance application on the phone? that is, for using it? This makes no sense at all.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.560
This statement is not logically correct. Sometimes, when we want to say things in public spaces like this, we have to ask ourselves if it is sensible.

Now this is the true situation. Because of the high rate of internet fraud among Nigerian youths, the police sometimes search through the phones of Nigerian youths on transit to see if they would get evidences of internet fraud. If you have lots of international transactions on your phone, and you can't explain them, you would be arrested as a possible internet fraudster. I have been stopped before and my phone searched. And they saw lots of dollar transactions on my phone. I explained to them that I am an online writer showing them links of my articles. They let me go. This is just to refute that erroneous and fallacious statement by this poster.
I understand the point, but well I can't really say much because I'm not from Nigeria and I've never been there, but it seems that people there only do what they can to make a living, without defending those scammers, but it's normal also that when there are economic problems in a country, the crime rate goes up accordingly.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I understand the point, but well I can't really say much because I'm not from Nigeria and I've never been there, but it seems that people there only do what they can to make a living, without defending those scammers, but it's normal also that when there are economic problems in a country, the crime rate goes up accordingly.
Trust me, there are enterprising young people in Nigeria making giant strides in every sphere of the world. The few bad eggs spoil our general reputation.

My point exactly? Binance is not banned in Nigeria and no law enforcement agent would harass anyone for having Binance on his or her phone. You can as well disregard that assertion by that poster.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.560
Trust me, there are enterprising young people in Nigeria making giant strides in every sphere of the world. The few bad eggs spoil our general reputation.

My point exactly? Binance is not banned in Nigeria and no law enforcement agent would harass anyone for having Binance on his or her phone. You can as well disregard that assertion by that poster.
I understand, well as everywhere there are good people and not so good people, as long as the number of good people are greater than the bad, everything will be fine, thanks for the explanation, now I understand.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.010

Thanks so much for refuting such a claim. That is how people like that end up laundering the image of the country negatively. Binance is still operational in Nigeria as it never had a dream dedicated subsidiary for operations in Nigeria.

Back