Is it important to work partime during school?

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.870
I heard that it is possible in countries like UK and other European countries but it is not possible in my country, Nigeria. The way school is designed in my country is very stressful.

AruneBend

Notable
Apr 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I believe that studends should work on the weekends or holidays work can be stressful of course getting money is always great but I think that teenagers should focus on school more

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.463
Though it is better for students to focus on their studies more, but then again it still depends, their are some students that have no choice than to work part time to meet up with all their needs.

freelancermaria

Notable
Oct 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.338
Some students must work in order to finish their education, which is a sad reality for many. I know some people who manage to do both while graduating with honors. It's fine as long as they can accomplish them without any problem.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$2.990
Raw Dex
$0.000
I myself worked part time and during summer holidays. If the student can manage his/her studies, I strongly advise him/her to gain some working experience while studying. Other than learning in a real work environment, having work experience makes it easier to find a job after graduation.

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
As much as I know it is possible to be able to do this in the UK and I know some kids that do, the school my two youngest sons go to at the moment is quite strict with jobs away from school and always like to be informed so that they can advise whether it would be a good idea or whether it would affect their studies and them getting to the target they need to be for their exams.

Whilst this I can understand, I do feel it is the decision of the child and the parent as to whether they can do both school and work a job out of school without affecting their studying.

LoukiaCharilaou

Notable
Jul 28, 2022
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.020
In my opinion, students should concentrate on their studies. However, some students have to work because their families cannot support them financially. In this case, they must combine their studies with work. It is not easy but they have no other choice.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.070
Do you think it's important for high school and college students to work part-time jobs or do you think students should concentrate 100% on their studies? Explain.
Actually , if they can cope with doing both then there is. nothing stopping that since we are all different , some people have the ability to combine different things together without losing focus while some don't , it all depends on the individual.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.475
Actually , if they can cope with doing both then there is. nothing stopping that since we are all different , some people have the ability to combine different things together without losing focus while some don't , it all depends on the individual.

I think that you can work as a part-time worker if you are a student and enrolled in a college. However, certain students may want to focus more on studies in the end.

Sophie

Unfamiliar
Apr 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes it's very important I see it as a way of building young adults minds financially towards the future
Once we as teenagers or young adults are already money conscious it goes a long way in the future

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.130
Raw Dex
$0.000
When you are in school, your focus should be getting a good education. you need to pass the exams with good grades. If you have good mgrades, you will find jobs easily.

Yohanna

Notable
Mar 19, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
When you are in school, your focus should be getting a good education. you need to pass the exams with good grades. If you have good mgrades, you will find jobs easily.
I agreed to your submission because it is very important for anyone who is in school to concentrate. Getting involved in some other things could be a distraction and that should not be encouraged at all.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.130
Raw Dex
$0.000
If you give up education, how do you suppose to get well-paying job in the absence of education? Even if you want to start a business you still need education because education equips you with skills and knowledge.

Back