Is it normal to establish a business which is against one faith?.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Could you pls kindly enlighten me here if it is normal to establish a business though legal in its form but ones religion is against it. For instance, a friend of mine approached me ask for my views on whether it is allowed and not anti-islamic to establish piggery farming business. I was dumbfounded. I don't know either to say yes or no.
Though my friend being a Muslim, he is not thinking of eating the pork he want to be rearing the live pigs and sell them when they mature. Piggery farming is a lucrative business in Nigeria. Islamic religion is against eating the pork. So pls, kindly help in this. I need your suggestions. Pls I don't want issue of any religion abuses here. Just your suggestion. Thanks.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
If you live in a country where they have beliefs and faiths and you choose to start a business that would be against what they believe in and their faith, it could result in a lot of issues for the business owner and the business does not end up doing as well as it could have done.

I would definitely avoid starting a business that might be against any faith and beliefs.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.481
I think this depends on the personal thinking perspective. For a person like me it's not possible to establish a business that doesn't go in line with my religion for sure.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.091
The business will not work out if it is against one's will. The faith is not always the case for having the business. It should be the will of doing it at all cost.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
The only thing I factor when it comes to making money is the legality of it. If it is not illegal, then it is no problem. I don't get moved by religious sentiments.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.340
Raw Dex
$0.105
I personally will not engage in a business which is against my belief. Starting and running a business is not about just making money, you need to have the passion and enjoy what you are doing.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I thank you all for your contributions above. It has helped my perception in handling the matter.
Actually, I'm not referring to the faith of the general public, I'm referring to the faith of the person that wanted to set up that business having realized it is not an illegal business, his personal disposition does not dislike it, but his faith go against it.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
I thank you all for your contributions above. It has helped my perception in handling the matter.
Actually, I'm not referring to the faith of the general public, I'm referring to the faith of the person that wanted to set up that business having realized it is not an illegal business, his personal disposition does not dislike it, but his faith go against it.
What you mean is religious conviction. It is like a Muslim selling alcohol. If alcohol is a moving business in my location, I would sell it. I am a business man not a religious leader.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
What you mean is religious conviction. It is like a Muslim selling alcohol. If alcohol is a moving business in my location, I would sell it. I am a business man not a religious leader.
Thanks for this. One of my friends brought my attention to breweries where many workers and senior management staff are religion adherents and yet, they are working in breweries. What can we say of that?. He pointed that so far a business is not illegal in its form and not detrimental to the health of its consumers, off it goes.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Could you pls kindly enlighten me here if it is normal to establish a business though legal in its form but ones religion is against it. For instance, a friend of mine approached me ask for my views on whether it is allowed and not anti-islamic to establish piggery farming business. I was dumbfounded. I don't know either to say yes or no.
Though my friend being a Muslim, he is not thinking of eating the pork he want to be rearing the live pigs and sell them when they mature. Piggery farming is a lucrative business in Nigeria. Islamic religion is against eating the pork. So pls, kindly help in this. I need your suggestions. Pls I don't want issue of any religion abuses here. Just your suggestion. Thanks.

If making money is against your religion then you should not try and open a business that is going to be against your faith which can actually make money for you but most people don't consider that at all when it comes to running a business.

gammarays

Notable
Sep 15, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It will depend on your personality. If you're a religious conscious person, it's bad to run a business that's against your faith. It'll also result to a heavy backlash against you and your faith. Just think of a known practising Christian figure running a strip club.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.445
It mainly depends on your very self though, no one else can actually tell you if its right or not. The question is are you okay doing this? Is your conscience free?

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.443
How can you be against something and still want to sell it to others then you are not against it. I'm against all kind of weeds and I can't be caught selling it

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.445
How can you be against something and still want to sell it to others then you are not against it. I'm against all kind of weeds and I can't be caught selling it
Well said, then its safe to say you do not have much believe in that faith in the first place. Cause if it is something that really goes against your faith then your conscience wont even let you be at peace then not to talk of actually doing it.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.443
Sure no need doing anything that goes against your faith. You would not even be comfortable with it and even your conscience won't even let you be at peace with it

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
I think if we set up a business that goes against our beliefs it's not good, because we will continue to experience inner conflicts and not find peace. So that could become a big problem later on.

Back