Is it okay to ask about your age when having the job interview?

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.555
Raw Dex
$2.763
Personally, I feel awkward being asked about my age during a job interview. Although I still need to say it, Besides, I need to respond rather than say anything.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Personally, I feel awkward being asked about my age during a job interview. Although I still need to say it, Besides, I need to respond rather than say anything.
Well, I don’t think it is awkward because they always want to know the age range and so many things to know if you will be the best for them

You

Notable
May 12, 2023
Dex
$3.495
Raw Dex
$0.003
I guess it depends on the context of the interview and the laws in your area. In many places, asking about age directly can be considered inappropriate or even illegal due to age discrimination concerns. Employers should focus on your skills, experience, and suitability for the job. If age comes up, it should be relevant to the job requirements, not a factor in the hiring decision.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.680
Raw Dex
$0.008
In my city, before the job interview, you have to show your HK Identity card to the potential employer. That include information about your date of birth. So, there's no need for the interviewer to ask about your age during the interview.

King Belieal

Notable
Oct 26, 2023
Dex
$0.006
Raw Dex
$0.823
I don't think it is a bad question to ask. Some jobs demand a certain range of age to be able to handle it effectively and the interviewer is just asking to ascertain if you are fit for the job age wise.

Back