Is knowledge truly power?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.008
There is a popular and common saying that knowledge is power, meaning the rich and powerful today are able to get to where they are simply because of the knowledge they have. Though this statement means a lot but i think people are getting it wrong. It is not knowledge that is power but rather it is the use of knowledge. I could have knowledge about a particular thing, if i do not make use of it, that knowledge would be wasted and useless. But when i put it into practice and action, it becomes power.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Abdul01

Unfamiliar
May 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There is a popular and common saying that knowledge is power, meaning the rich and powerful today are able to get to where they are simply because of the knowledge they have. Though this statement means a lot but i think people are getting it wrong. It is not knowledge that is power but rather it is the use of knowledge. I could have knowledge about a particular thing, if i do not make use of it, that knowledge would be wasted and useless. But when i put it into practice and action, it becomes power.
Sure, spreading knowledge across increase a person in reputation just like having power.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$2.925
Raw Dex
$0.013
Knowledge is power, is universal truth, with all our philosophy we can't prove it wrong. People gives examples of so many illiterate successful businessman as they didn't see the face of high school but get success. Let me clear as they may not see the high school but they have the knowledge, the very knowledge doesn't dependents on school or high school it is mostly God gifted and these people have much deep observation.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.252
As far as l am concerned, l can personally attest that one to be true. That's because when someone is educated or learned some skills on a specified subject, that person can be able to seek for the right job on the market .

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.845
There is a difference between information and knowledge and then if the knowledge is used over a period of time, it becomes wisdom. All the terms are used interchangeably, but they are all different. Knowledge definitely empowers you to take decisions and execute things with a better strategy and planning. It's a great tool. And the best part is that it is never enough for anyone. You are always seeking out for more and more.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.845
Yes having knowledge is golden. you need it as a treasure and should not be stolen from you at all
That's one that can never be taken away from us. No one can rob us of that. It becomes an integral part of us and who we are. In fact, the more you share your knowledge with others, the more you get it. It keeps increasing with the use and sharing

Kera

Somewhat Known
Jun 18, 2024
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.200
In theory yes, but in practical standpoint, money is the actual power. If you have money, you will have everything.
A poor man's knowledge is regarded as nothing. But there are certain situations though that knowledge of a particular thing that others don't know would make you really powerful.

Back