Is money-back guarantee a fraudulent act?

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.930
I always encounter an invitation to join a particular program of websites and there is a pay but assure members of a money-back guarantee. The question is, how will they return the money if members feel dissatisfied or discontented? Their program is also tempting, but we will get trapped if we do not assess the issue of a money-back guarantee, we will be trapped by their invitation. I never had tried it though there was a time that I almost sent my money via Pay Pal but I was thankful after reading the feedback from the web that it is a kind of scam. Have you tried it?

Last edited:
AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$3.250
Raw Dex
$0.035
I have not experience this but I think it isn't always a scam for some legit sites. I think it is hold to read reviews on the site you want to use to be sure they will keep to their words before using them.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.930
I read reviews about websites that offer a money-back guarantee but the reviews told the websites doing this are scams. They are luring the victims of the return of money which never happens.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.643
To be honest there are actually some who are legit. Okay let's take playstore for example since that's the one i have tried. There was a time i wanted to buy a game for the first time and i was abit scared but then i saw where they said you can get your money back if there is an issue or you are not satisfied. After buying i tried returning the return policy and it actually worked, my money was sent back to me. We just have to be careful so we dont fall into a fake one.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.930
To be honest there are actually some who are legit. Okay let's take playstore for example since that's the one i have tried. There was a time i wanted to buy a game for the first time and i was abit scared but then i saw where they said you can get your money back if there is an issue or you are not satisfied. After buying i tried returning the return policy and it actually worked, my money was sent back to me. We just have to be careful so we dont fall into a fake one.
How and where did they send back the money? Did they send it through PayPal or bank to bank? That was good your money was refunded but in what manner? How did you receive back your money?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.643
How and where did they send back the money? Did they send it through PayPal or bank to bank? That was good your money was refunded but in what manner? How did you receive back your money?
Over here with a debit master card we can pay for anything directly without using PayPal. The money was resent back to my bank account. I got the credit alert. At first i was scared cause i didn't anything when i requested for refund. But later i got it... I can't remember how long it took again though cause it was years back .

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.050
According to me, money back guarantee is often a business strategy that most businesses use to lure customers buy their goods or services with trying to assure them quality and perfection for the rendered services.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.930
Over here with a debit master card we can pay for anything directly without using PayPal. The money was resent back to my bank account. I got the credit alert. At first i was scared cause i didn't anything when i requested for refund. But later i got it... I can't remember how long it took again though cause it was years back .
That's a consolation for they returned your money through your bank. That site was honest and transparent. Despite your experience I'm still afraid to join a site with a promise of a money back guarantee.

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There is a saying "if it is too good to be true then it is probably not true" and yeah online their are so many platforms that promises money back guarantee and when i read some reviews they never give their money after they take it, some of them are a pyramid scheme.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.930
It is better to stay away from those websites that invite us to join and promise us a money-back guarantee which I believe is a lie. They are good at luring people but we have to be smart.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$2.855
Raw Dex
$0.073
I have seen only few true people those who offer this with sincerity, rather majority of people offer this to attract people and to run away after getting required profit.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.930
Seldom do we hear money returned to the members who aren't satisfied with the product or item sold by a website. It is better to stay away from them to avoid regrets.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.930
most sites or websites doing this are scams. They are luring the victims to scam. sometimes it never happens I don't like money-back guarantee sites .
I agree with you on that, they are scammers. There is no such thing as a money-back guarantee. We are talking to the wind.

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.178
I do not think it is fraudulent unless the company does not give back money in case the customer does not like the product or service

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.930
It happened to me, my money was not returned. The site disappeared after getting the money from the people. It was a site in the past that promised a money-back guarantee if not satisfied with the online busies platform. We paid $ 40 each.

Back