Is opening a garage a profitable business?

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$11.540
Raw Dex
$0.000
When I was a kid I had a dream to open my garage and repair all types of cars but then when I grew up I lost in my studies and forgot about it.

What do you say is it profitable to open a garage?

AmazingJob

Notable
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.300
When I was a kid I had a dream to open my garage and repair all types of cars but then when I grew up I lost in my studies and forgot about it.

The business should be located in the city for everyone's easy access. I would be a good business since not all can do car repairs and car stuff. Profitable yes, because they pay your service plus if they need to change parts you can sell them parts.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$11.540
Raw Dex
$0.000
When I was a kid I used to see in movies how the hero of the movie used to have a garage and used to live life lavishly, from there I used to think I will also own a garage and live life comfortably. I know I cannot repair all the cars I need to keep mechanics and keep spare parts to replace the damaged parts.

AmazingJob

Notable
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.300
I know I cannot repair all the cars I need to keep mechanics and keep spare parts to replace the damaged parts.
Yup you need to invest on parts. However, for the mechanics, you need to pay their wages if that's the cage. However, if you are going to train, you can do all the mechanics work and save on workers' wages. That long term for you.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$11.540
Raw Dex
$0.000
Hmmm.....one person alone cannot work if you have a big garage in the city. You need to have a few more mechanics to repair the cars on time. Authorised dealers of branded cars have a big garage and lots of staffs to handle the cars.

AmazingJob

Notable
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.300
Hmmm.....one person alone cannot work if you have a big garage in the city. You need to have a few more mechanics to repair the cars on time. Authorised dealers of branded cars have a big garage and lots of staffs to handle the cars.
Yup, you are correct! If your garage grows you need to hire more workers to help attend to other customers. Plus, you will be putting up site for customers to book an appointment or a line for customers to call for appointment. The more it gets bigger, you need more manpower and options for booking.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.555
Raw Dex
$3.370

Parking areas gain much money in China. I am sure you can earn lots of money with this idea.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$11.540
Raw Dex
$0.000
Parking areas gain much money in China. I am sure you can earn lots of money with this idea.

I don't like to open it just for the parking but for the repair of the cars. Repairing cost has lots of profit margins especially when you sell spare parts along with the repair. I would have owned it if I had money and land.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$11.843
Its one thing to open a garage, and it's another to actually be good at what you do. If you can are actually good at repairs then its not a bad idea, these days there is a high increase of how much people buy cars.

Knowledge Quest

Notable
Sep 21, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I believe it can be a profitable business ventures. There are many factors that go into opening a garage, such as the space available, the services needed to be provided, and the budget needed to operate the garage. It will take time and patience to get the business running smoothly.

Back