is owning a cyber cafe still profitable in your country

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.670
Raw Dex
$0.000
Before now in my country we had to access the internet cheaply through the cyber cafe so the owners were really making money but it isn't same now that we have chesp data that we can use on our device's to access the internet. So the business here is no longer booming.how about in your country?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

AmazingJob

Notable
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.760
Before it was the best business. The internet cafe as we call it, were always jampacked prior the pandemic. Mostly students paying games. More and more people can get to play on their mobile phones and more teens can access social media on their phones. So the cafe became empty. There are shops that closed down because they don't have customers.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$3.100
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes it was a good business until smart phones came into the market. Now people don't go to internet cafe for browsing net, they instead prefer to do it on their phones. Smart phones have changed life drastically.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
Almost the same, currently the cyber cafe business is starting to fade even though it still exists but I rarely meet it. Because now there are many internet providers that offer cheap internet packages that can be used by the whole family, even then we still need internet data from the Sim card service, especially when we leave the house.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$3.100
Raw Dex
$0.000
Almost the same, currently the cyber cafe business is starting to fade even though it still exists but I rarely meet it. Because now there are many internet providers that offer cheap internet packages that can be used by the whole family, even then we still need internet data from the Sim card service, especially when we leave the house.

Here in India mostly people go to the cyber cafe when they require print outs of anything, lamination of a document or anything else but not for using internet. I don't remember when the last time I visited cyber cafe

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.670
Raw Dex
$0.000
Before it was the best business. The internet cafe as we call it, were always jampacked prior the pandemic. Mostly students paying games. More and more people can get to play on their mobile phones and more teens can access social media on their phones. So the cafe became empty. There are shops that closed down because they don't have customers.
same here in my country a lot of this centres have closed down because there are no customers I'm sure they'll look for other means of Survival

AmazingJob

Notable
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.760
same here in my country a lot of this centres have closed down because there are no customers I'm sure they'll look for other means of Survival
Some closed because of the pandemic. Before 2020, I still see people going to the cafe for gaming especially kids. Now, kids can play on their parent's mobile phone.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.670
Raw Dex
$0.000
Some closed because of the pandemic. Before 2020, I still see people going to the cafe for gaming especially kids. Now, kids can play on their parent's mobile phone.
yeah you are right it seems the pandemic came and totally put them out of business since people were not allowed to gather in a place for whatever reasons.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$5.493
There are still persons who own cyber cafes around though but it's no longer lucrative like it use to be back then. Like you said these days everyone make use of their smartphones or personal laptops. The only time people make use of their cyber cafe is probably when they are about to register for something and they might need to print out or submit their finger print as well.

Mikky

Notable
Jul 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Cyber cafe is still very much active in my location due to the fact that there are a lot of schools around and also there are some cafés that are licensed by the computer based examination board, so their Website cannot be accessed unless the licensed cafes are consulted.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.370
Raw Dex
$5.720
I actually planned to start this business years ago but then I decided against it because that means I cannot have a job and it'll take time to earn profit from this business and at first we need to invest minimum $1000

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Before now in my country we had to access the internet cheaply through the cyber cafe so the owners were really making money but it isn't same now that we have chesp data that we can use on our device's to access the internet. So the business here is no longer booming.how about in your country?
You're right. It used to be profitable but now that a lot of us have phones, we no longer go to the cafe

Back