Is paternity leave with pay?

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.394
When it is made into law, automatically both the husband and wife can file for maternity or paternity leave with pay. This happens when the wife underwent delivery or sudden miscarriage, so she must rest and he husband takes care of her and their home. The benefit applies to all male employees regardless of employment status. The benefit consists of seven (7) days of leave credits with full pay. Does it happen to your country? It happens here in my country.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.394
In some companies it does happen, it is part of their policies but in most small companies, it all boils down to if you have a boss with a conscience.
Indeed, there are bosses without conscience, no feeling, hater who does not feel the urgency of an employee to apply for paternity leave to take care of his wife who may undergo a miscarriage.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.263
In my country here public servants go on maternity leave with their pay intact. But I believe this is how it should be. They need to be paid during this period.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.000
When it is made into law, automatically both the husband and wife can file for maternity or paternity leave with pay. This happens when the wife underwent delivery or sudden miscarriage, so she must rest and he husband takes care of her and their home. The benefit applies to all male employees regardless of employment status. The benefit consists of seven (7) days of leave credits with full pay. Does it happen to your country? It happens here in my country.
Wow, this is very great and should be emulated by all and this is a show of kindness and humanity love towards both parties and such person might be allowed to even work from home if he holds a delicate position.

Fidelia

Notable
Oct 28, 2023
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.203
Paternity leave doesn't work in my country and it is not being considered. The argument is that men don't go through any physical changes with childbirth and therefore have nothing to recover from warranting a leave.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.394
Wow, this is very great and should be emulated by all and this is a show of kindness and humanity love towards both parties and such person might be allowed to even work from home if he holds a delicate position.
I think not all countries allow paternity leave but in my countries it's part of the law to allow husbands to apply for a paternity leave with pay. Hoping someday it will be allowed in your country.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.008
Indeed, there are bosses without conscience, no feeling, hater who does not feel the urgency of an employee to apply for paternity leave to take care of his wife who may undergo a miscarriage.
I have seen some cases where these so can boss would actually agree to it, and one think everything is good and fine, but at the end of the month you would find out that there is a decrease in your salary. By the time you go to them to find out why, they would refer you back to the amount of days you where absent and someone had to fill in for you.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.394
@eldavis , it is not the case here, fathers are paid during their paternity leave. It is a mandate from the government of our country. That is inhuman deducting the employee being on leave and was replaced, it is not right.

Last edited:

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.252
For the case of me, I was not paid when my wife got the second baby. I remember being paid only the transportation costs to go take the wife and the new baby from the hospital.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.394
Paternity leave with pay depends country to country. There are many countries that don't allow their married male employees to apply for a paternity. It's not allowed only sick and vacation leave with or without pay.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.008
@eldavis , it is not the case here, fathers are paid during their paternity leave. It is a mandate from the government of our country. That is inhuman deducting the employee being on leave and was replaced, it is not right.
Yes but over here, most people dont know their rights, and the employers are aware of this hence they do things like this. While in some cases even government officials are just too corrupt to do the right thing.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.394
Yes but over here, most people dont know their rights, and the employers are aware of this hence they do things like this. While in some cases even government officials are just too corrupt to do the right thing.
That is a very bad, government officials who corrupt people's money and plans for their lives. Paternity leave is a mandate here and automatically it will be approved based on evidence of the wife having a miscarriage.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.263
Paternity leave with pay isn't a bad idea if the government should consider this though it depends on the country and the workplace .All countries should allow their married male to apply for a paternity leave.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.394
I wonder why paternity leave is not part of your country's constitution. Who will take care of the wife of course the husband so if they can't avail of paternity leave that will file a leave without pay.

Back