LocalBitcoins Crypto Exchange Will Be Closed

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.145
Localbitcoins.com is a well-known p2p crypto exchange based in Helsinki and founded by Jeremias Kangas in 2012. The Localbitcoins crypto exchange is well-known in several countries such as Russia, Colombia and Venezuela, transactions in these three countries exceed 42% of the total transaction volume. Until now Localbitcoins has more than 9 million users spread across almost all countries.

LocalBitcoins runs a decentralized service operating system, by bringing together crypto buyers and sellers, the crypto they trade is held in escrow until both parties confirm their transaction.

Yesterday Feb9, 2023, the LocalBitcoins site announced that their service would be shutting down in the coming weeks.
From Feb 17, 2023 it is expected that all users will withdraw their funds.

Carson20t

Notable
Sep 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.160
Thank you for sharing this thread and I also wanted to put the word out there as to why a lot of platforms are taking this turn. Local bitcoin, local crypto, and airtm cryptocurrency features are going to if not they already have been disabled. This is quite alarming as to what is the future of cryptocurrency as a legal tender. There seems to be a sense of losing credibility for its value because of the happenings which was a bombshell.FTX, TERA LUNA and other scandals hit big on a lot of people who seem not to understand why the value just vanished like that of a coin that seemed to be promising with such potential and a huge future.

iyanpol12

Notable
Nov 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Localbitcoins.com is a well-known p2p crypto exchange based in Helsinki and founded by Jeremias Kangas in 2012. The Localbitcoins crypto exchange is well-known in several countries such as Russia, Colombia and Venezuela, transactions in these three countries exceed 42% of the total transaction volume. Until now Localbitcoins has more than 9 million users spread across almost all countries.

LocalBitcoins runs a decentralized service operating system, by bringing together crypto buyers and sellers, the crypto they trade is held in escrow until both parties confirm their transaction.

Yesterday Feb9, 2023, the LocalBitcoins site announced that their service would be shutting down in the coming weeks.
From Feb 17, 2023 it is expected that all users will withdraw their funds.

Thank for sharing this. Local Bitcoins is one of the oldest cryptocurrencies. I even forgot about this exchange. At least, it didn't shut down like what happened on FTX.

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.110
May be there is some legal issues they where facing or they will make a new release because it happens that a website is closing himself for new release that correspond to the new changes of the cryptocurrency.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Good, I think there is some level of transparency in this particular cryptocurrency trading platform. The informed users early and they will probably allow everyone to withdraw all their money unlike what happened to some crypto exchange platforms.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$1.170
Raw Dex
$1.150
I started using localbitcoins a long time ago when withdrawing crypto as fiat currency was not available to me. However, I have not used it for a long time because I do not withdraw as fiat. I was not aware of this recent development.

Back