Manufacturing Products Vs. Sourcing Products

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.200
Raw Dex
$0.360
When you want to run a business, you can either manufacture your own products or purchase products to sell. I have tried both of these methods but later I stopped manufacturing products and focused on outsourcing products to sell. Based on my own experience, when you outsource products, you will have better profit margins compared to manufacturing your own products.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Abdul01

Unfamiliar
May 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I just think it depends on whether you are manufacturing on a small scale or a large scale, by this , it is clear you manufactured on a small scale and that won't yield much profits because of its demands and also buying machines and other equipments too especially when just starting ..

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
I would like to manufacture my products because I might have to bring in my uniqueness. I will like to have my own production with the right designs and ingredients

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
When it comes to doing things, I am generally insecure when it comes from other people and I am not in control of it. If it is possible, I prefer to produce my products myself so I know that I have done due diligence in the production process.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.340
Raw Dex
$0.105
Setting up a production facility to manufacture products require a considerable amount of money. Outsourcing products requires less investment and is more flexible. If I have enough capital, I would like to manufacture my own products because I want control on the design and quality of my products.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
Ideally, I would like to produce my own items and be known in the business world. Perhaps I can be also included with one of the tycoons. I am sure it would be a great feeling.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
When you want to run a business, you can either manufacture your own products or purchase products to sell. I have tried both of these methods but later I stopped manufacturing products and focused on outsourcing products to sell. Based on my own experience, when you outsource products, you will have better profit margins compared to manufacturing your own products.
I believe that manufacturing products is always going to give you a better opportunity to make more profits from the products that you're making.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.560
Sometimes, manufacturing products is even more expensive than buying it. It might only be profitable if you can really mass produce the products in a large scale.
I believe that manufacturing products is always going to give you a better opportunity to make more profits from the products that you're making.

Sophie

Unfamiliar
Apr 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Manufacturing products deals with a company producing it's product and selling them or marketing them
While sourcing product is when we companies distributes good which are not originally produced or manufactured by them

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.261
Ideally, I would like to produce my own items and be known in the business world. Perhaps I can be also included with one of the tycoons. I am sure it would be a great feeling.

Indeed, there are many people who usually produce their own homemade items and they sell those items at great rate. You must need to consider the cost of production before you could start selling.

flower

Notable
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.004
Raw Dex
$0.001
Sourcing product would be my best pick because manufacturing takes a lot of time and it requires a lot of capital but sourcing is better and a good way to make money as well.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Sometimes, manufacturing products is even more expensive than buying it. It might only be profitable if you can really mass produce the products in a large scale.

The only way manufacturing products is going to be more expensive is when you don't to know how to get the raw materials direct from the source where it is going to be cheaper for you to have low cost of production when you are done producing the items.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
I used to buy inputs for my poultry farm but as I got deeper in the business and knowledge of the business, I started producing medication and vaccines for my birds. I found out it is more cost effective if you produce your inputs by yourself.

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.003
One just have to find out what works and how profitable what works for him is, if after making thorough research and observations and you find out that either of the options sit well with you, then you're free to opt in for whichever one that suits you.

Back