Motivating a lazy sibling or partner

Tracee1

Unfamiliar
Dec 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.150
Okay, now my question is how do I motivate a person, in this case a sibling or relative who doesnt take any financial advice you give or even when you go all out to secure a part time job (online) for them they don't do anything about it, but still insist in asking for financial assistance, like what else can I do?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Bango

Notable
Jan 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
wow. what a big challenge. yes i saw many people like this but i don't think anybody can help those people except themselves. time is the best teacher and someday they will know it's too late and life force them to do something

Imran Noori

Notable
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Okay, now my question is how do I motivate a person, in this case a sibling or relative who doesnt take any financial advice you give or even when you go all out to secure a part time job (online) for them they don't do anything about it, but still insist in asking for financial assistance, like what else can I do?
I think you did everything, they should know that life is not easy and their is not always someone to help.

Tracee1

Unfamiliar
Dec 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.150
wow. what a big challenge. yes i saw many people like this but i don't think anybody can help those people except themselves. time is the best teacher and someday they will know it's too late and life force them to do something
i truly hope it doesn't become too late, but the thing is i heard when a person doesn't know how to work till adult hood they find it difficult to have or even retain a meaning job, don't know how true that is though.

Edulady

Notable
Jul 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Simple don't help them financially. But makensure they observe you spending and making drastic changes ylin your life. That will get them working

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.380
Raw Dex
$0.005
I do not have any sibling or partner who is lazy. If my sibling is an adult, does not work and keep on asking me for financial assistance, I will stop helping him/her. When s(he) finds life is difficult, s(he) will have to work.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.065
Raw Dex
$2.763
I think a heart-to-heart talk can do the trick. Although they do not listen, It is better to push them to do something at home first and let him think about his real purpose in this world by letting him watch inspiring stories related to the concern.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.503
I don't waste my time trying to motivate someone who doesn't first of all, see the need to do something by himself. You would just end up wasting your time and energy.

Back