• READ THE DESCRIPTION!

This forum is for posting Tutorials and How To's for making money online. It's not for posting questions.

Online Book Club - Make Money Writing Book Reviews - Intro.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
When it comes to writing book reviews and getting paid for it, Online Book Club owned by Scott Hughes is the biggest platform that I offers this. I would be writing a series on how you can make the most out of this site and this is the first part. I would just touch the basics here, and get more in depth as I update everyday.

So basically, Online Book Club is the first site that paid me money for doing anything online and I am still having those goosebumps till today almost two years after.

It is pretty simple to become a book reviewer on the site. You just first of all need to register as part of the site on onlinebiokclub.org. After that, you navigate to the review team page and register as a book reviewer. Make sure you confirm that you have never written a book when prompted or else you won't be allowed into the review team.

After you have joined the review team, you have to go and set your preferences before you are offered any book. Basically, you set the format that books are available for you so they know which books to send to you. Done with that? The Select Tab on the Review Team Page takes you to where you can pick books to read and review.

Note that as a newbie, you would only get free books for your first review. After the first review, and your review is accepted by the editors, you would be eligible to pick paid books.

It typically takes 21 days maximum from the day your review is published for the site to send your payment to the registered PayPal account. It comes much earlier most times though. It is a wonderful platform that I believe is completely worth it. I would be sharing experiences on writing an acceptable review that would get a user of Online Book Club paid in the next section of this series.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.298
I have heard about this site before, back then i got an email from them about their offer i was excited so i joined but what discouraged me back then was the fact that most of the books i had to pay for them due to my level. though there where some books that was free. According to them i would reach a level where i would no longer had to pay.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have heard about this site before, back then i got an email from them about their offer i was excited so i joined but what discouraged me back then was the fact that most of the books i had to pay for them due to my level. though there where some books that was free. According to them i would reach a level where i would no longer had to pay.
I wrote that review based on experience I have had with the site. As a matter of fact, I have 118 published book reviews there and I have been paid more than $400 from the site. What you stated is clearly possible and this is why it happened that way.

On your preferences tab on the review page, you didn't unmark self purchase as a format. There are so many book formats that are automatically marked which you have to unmark as that setting would influence the books shown to you. For me, I only mark pdf, movie, doc and epub. I unmark Amazon KDP and Self Purchase. Hope I have addressed your issue.
I have reviewed over 118 books and I have not paid a penny for any of them.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.298
I wrote that review based on experience I have had with the site. As a matter of fact, I have 118 published book reviews there and I have been paid more than $400 from the site. What you stated is clearly possible and this is why it happened that way.

On your preferences tab on the review page, you didn't unmark self purchase as a format. There are so many book formats that are automatically marked which you have to unmark as that setting would influence the books shown to you. For me, I only mark pdf, movie, doc and epub. I unmark Amazon KDP and Self Purchase. Hope I have addressed your issue.
I have reviewed over 118 books and I have not paid a penny for any of them.
Probably that was the reason, maybe later on i might try giving it another go, but back then their payment method was paypal, i was hoping to use my elder brother's PayPal, since i can't access PayPal in my country but right now its no longer an option. Is there payment method still only PayPal?

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Probably that was the reason, maybe later on i might try giving it another go, but back then their payment method was paypal, i was hoping to use my elder brother's PayPal, since i can't access PayPal in my country but right now its no longer an option. Is there payment method still only PayPal?
Unfortunately, the payment method is still only with PayPal. It has been so for years now. I use a local paypal exchanger to get payment on the platform. It pays and very legit.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.603
When it comes to writing book reviews and getting paid for it, Online Book Club owned by Scott Hughes is the biggest platform that I offers this. I would be writing a series on how you can make the most out of this site and this is the first part. I would just touch the basics here, and get more in depth as I update everyday.

So basically, Online Book Club is the first site that paid me money for doing anything online and I am still having those goosebumps till today almost two years after.

It is pretty simple to become a book reviewer on the site. You just first of all need to register as part of the site on onlinebiokclub.org. After that, you navigate to the review team page and register as a book reviewer. Make sure you confirm that you have never written a book when prompted or else you won't be allowed into the review team.

After you have joined the review team, you have to go and set your preferences before you are offered any book. Basically, you set the format that books are available for you so they know which books to send to you. Done with that? The Select Tab on the Review Team Page takes you to where you can pick books to read and review.

Note that as a newbie, you would only get free books for your first review. After the first review, and your review is accepted by the editors, you would be eligible to pick paid books.

It typically takes 21 days maximum from the day your review is published for the site to send your payment to the registered PayPal account. It comes much earlier most times though. It is a wonderful platform that I believe is completely worth it. I would be sharing experiences on writing an acceptable review that would get a user of Online Book Club paid in the next section of this series.
There was someone on this platform who wrote something about this website and I asked him to explain more to me but I did not get any response from him. I will send you a direct message about it

Back