Owning a lumber yard

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.700
I am helping my brother financially so he can set up his own business which is a lumber yard . I helped him conduct a mini research and we learned that many want a lumber yard because of many reasons. They do not like to go to far lumber store just to buy lumber. There are also new residential homes here looking for lumbers. There is also a new subdivision and we negotiated with the foreman to recommend our lumber yard for their purchases. I hope my brother will be happy with his passion to own a lumber yard.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.510
Raw Dex
$0.005
Sounds like an interesting venture. But in a city like Hong Kong, owning a lumber yard is quite impossible. Here, we mainly import lumber from China. Companies doing this may be able to make good money.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.700
Sounds like an interesting venture. But in a city like Hong Kong, owning a lumber yard is quite impossible. Here, we mainly import lumber from China. Companies doing this may be able to make good money.
In my place there are a few operating a lumber yard fully licenced and authorised by the Department of Environmental and
Natural Resources. One cannot operate this without million capital.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.700
I agree woth you, my uncle who managed a lumber yard became rich. He was able to buy a Safari which was so hot model car that time. But he passed away 3 years ago and no son managed their business, and it was sold.

Back