Quality of display versus customer items

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
From experience, I have noted that some companies ensure that the items they place on display shelves are of the highest possible quality. Conversely, the analogous items offered to customers for sell are of a relatively poorer quality. This practice is unethical, immoral, and in bad taste. It could even be illegal.

This scenario has got me thinking: what action can a customer who falls prey to this corporate deception take?

Kindly share on the state of affairs in your country.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
This is a very bad strategy when it comes to doing business because you're going to end up making your customers to lose trust in your business when they find out you are selling what is different from what you have in display.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
I joined you to declare that this is unethical, immoral, and in bad taste. It can be very annoying to order for a thing and a different thing is handed to you for a possible higher price

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.571
The victims can always report the matter to the relevant authorities. It therefore depends on the country you are coming from. For instance when live in countries that like corruption you are likely not getting justice.

Abdul01

Unfamiliar
May 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
From experience, I have noted that some companies ensure that the items they place on display shelves are of the highest possible quality. Conversely, the analogous items offered to customers for sell are of a relatively poorer quality. This practice is unethical, immoral, and in bad taste. It could even be illegal.

This scenario has got me thinking: what action can a customer who falls prey to this corporate deception take?

Kindly share on the state of affairs in your country.
This act is unethical and bad to not only oneself but the business involved, this action may lead to loss of trust in the business , it actually doesn't matter what you display on shelves ,what matter is what the people were able to hold on to.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.560
The businesses involved in this kind of acts don't seem to understand the implications on the reputation of the business. No trusted brand can get involved in such an act because it has a name to protect.
This act is unethical and bad to not only oneself but the business involved, this action may lead to loss of trust in the business , it actually doesn't matter what you display on shelves ,what matter is what the people were able to hold on to.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.645
Yes i have seen this a lot, or in most cases what they advertise are usually better than what you would see on ground. I guess they do this to attract potential customers. Its not nice though.

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
Yes i have seen this a lot, or in most cases what they advertise are usually better than what you would see on ground. I guess they do this to attract potential customers. Its not nice though.
Besides being not nice, this corporate practice is rudely illegal.
The practice has the potentials to destroy the business concept of ecommerce. It is likely to discourage customers from using ecommerce sites, and preferring to shop in brick and mortar stores.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.340
Raw Dex
$0.105
That is certainly unethical and immoral. In my location, victims can report the case to the Consumer Council. The company will be listed in the publication of the Consumer Council. Their reputation is damaged.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
Even the sellers in this case know what they are doing. they advertise better ones to attract people to buy.So they just want to attract potential customers to do this

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
That is certainly unethical and immoral. In my location, victims can report the case to the Consumer Council. The company will be listed in the publication of the Consumer Council. Their reputation is damaged.
I guess customers in your location enjoy a satisfactorily high level of protection from the authorities and should be thankful.
The situation is different in other jurisdictions, especially those that are characterized by high levels of corruption.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.261
I have seen many restaurants doing this. They tend to display really delicious items. However, in reality the actual food item is quite different from what they usually display in the first place.

Back