Religion is the most lucrative business

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
In Christendom, the business of preaching is the most lucrative. To begin earning revenue, a person simply needs to identify a spot at which he/she will be offering preaching services. Typically, all that is needed is for the person to have the ability to speak in public and a basic understanding of the Bible.

Given that such individual would not need to incur the expenses that non-religious businesses usually incur, he/she would be earning a high amount of net income.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Authenticity101

Somewhat Known
Aug 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I saw recently that the Kenyan government will start taxing churches. Many churches here are purely business and are making huge income that is untaxed. There are so many pastors and televangelists that have tapped into religion as their main business.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I will not say that this is a lucrative business because I can vehemently tell you that there are so many people who have lost faith when it comes to religion and they don't even attend churches anymore.

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.003
This is really funny, I must say, well personally, I don't see religion as business, just that some fraudulent people have made it look so, I blame the government, because if those people are engaged with meaningful paying jobs, they would not have to take religion as a business.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
I will not turn religion into a business, because in my religious belief (Muslim), religious knowledge must be distributed free of charge to everyone to invite people to return to the truth and lift ignorance. So I don't think it's appropriate to make religion a source of business.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
This is really funny, I must say, well personally, I don't see religion as business, just that some fraudulent people have made it look so, I blame the government, because if those people are engaged with meaningful paying jobs, they would not have to take religion as a business.

Seriously it's just like those who are parading themselves at motor parks posing as pastors that are going to pray for people travelling and in return looking to collect money as offerings from them.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my country, recently religion has been used as a means of business where by so many people open up religious centers just to get profits from the congregation which is not the way to go.

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.003
Seriously it's just like those who are parading themselves at motor parks posing as pastors that are going to pray for people travelling and in return looking to collect money as offerings from them.
Honestly you are very observant, I detest them very well, I rather throw out my money away than giving those commercial preachers, I don't give them anything, would be better I give it to a beggar than to give them, before I leave my house, I pray to my God, so anything else they are doing in the name of praying doesn't concern me, I don't give a dime to them.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Honestly you are very observant, I detest them very well, I rather throw out my money away than giving those commercial preachers, I don't give them anything, would be better I give it to a beggar than to give them, before I leave my house, I pray to my God, so anything else they are doing in the name of praying doesn't concern me, I don't give a dime to them.

They are simply using religion to con people who are so gullible to be deceived easily and it's the reason why I don't even pay them any attention at all.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.708
The offerings church received are intended for their allowance for food medicine and church maintenance. Churchgoers offer money by heart in cents or peso bills. A church is not business.

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.003
Very true, we have genuine churches, but the fake ones seem to have outnumbered the real ones, thereby making it very difficult for one to differentiate between the fake and the original.
The offerings church received are intended for their allowance for food medicine and church maintenance. Churchgoers offer money by heart in cents or peso bills. A church is not business.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.643
To be honest i do not really see this as a business, though there are some who might have turned it into a business, but it is not supposed to be so.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
To be honest i do not really see this as a business, though there are some who might have turned it into a business, but it is not supposed to be so.
I would actually say that this is something that is very common in most developing countries because in the Western world, it is not like that.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.370
Raw Dex
$4.875
There is no doubt about it because Religion is a big business and those that deal in religious activities can earn big from this and are already earning but I am not interested in earning like that.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
I would not say I detect them but I really do not like the fact that some of these people only build churches and mosques just because they need money and not because they want to serve God

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.370
Raw Dex
$4.875
In our parts people donate even all their wealth on the name of religion to different religion institutions but they don't like to help the poor but they should help the poor with the money

Back