Reluctance in insuring a business

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
An insurance policy is beneficial to a business because it guarantees the owner that, in the event that the relevant risk event/s happen/s, she receives compensation such that she returns to the state she was in before the occurrence of such incident.
Despite such assurances, many business owners, particularly the small-scale ones, are reluctant to purchase insurance policies.

What are the factors that may discourage business owners from insuring their ventures?

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$2.420
Raw Dex
$0.020
I think business owners who do not want to take out insurance policies may think that the premium is too high. In my location, it is mandatory for a business to buy Workers Compensation Insurance. In the event that the worker is hurt or injured during to work, s(he) will get compensation from the insurance company.

Abdul01

Unfamiliar
May 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
An insurance policy is beneficial to a business because it guarantees the owner that, in the event that the relevant risk event/s happen/s, she receives compensation such that she returns to the state she was in before the occurrence of such incident.
Despite such assurances, many business owners, particularly the small-scale ones, are reluctant to purchase insurance policies.

What are the factors that may discourage business owners from insuring their ventures?
If the risk involved in such business is low and that's particularly for small business owners .they don't have much to lose when any loss occur and they feel it as cheating on their end to keep paying insurance fee.

Semi

Unfamiliar
Jun 19, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
One of the reasons why insurance is not majorly patronized in my country is the fact that we believe that unfortunate situations can't happen to us. And it stems from the religious nature of my people.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.470
Raw Dex
$0.000
The major reason I believe business owners who do not want to take out insurance policies is that high premium maybe in their country or location. This is mostly for small medium businesses

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
One of the reasons why insurance is not majorly patronized in my country is the fact that we believe that unfortunate situations can't happen to us. And it stems from the religious nature of my people.
I must say that faith is an interesting phenomenon.
Through faith, people are able to contend with hardships that those without faith would not.

I guess players in the insurance sector are not happy about the described influence of faith on people's views toward insurance.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.830
The major reason is they lack a budget for this or the management has its own insurance company. It is a must to protect the business against fire and burglary. The payment is done yearly called a yearly renewable fire insurance policy.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020

Any smart business owner who can actually afford to have his business fully insured, will always do it because it is for the betterment of his business against loss.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.470
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think a lot of these people don't see the need for this, hence no Budgeting for it. And maybe they have other means to protect their business against fire and burglary.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.475
There are many businesses that are not insured because they do not need an insurance policy in the first place. The fact remains that this also includes certain kinds of shops and stalls that are not insured.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$12.678
One major factor that might discourage most business owners from insuring their business, especially does running a small business is the cost. In some countries the cost of insuring a business is on the high side.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.850
Raw Dex
$0.343
There are many businesses that are not insured because they do not need an insurance policy in the first place. The fact remains that this also includes certain kinds of shops and stalls that are not insured.
Have you realized that anything can happen at anytime? A fire incident can happen and all the goods are burnt down. Every business needs an insurance policy. I have one for my business because I have been hit before.

Semi

Unfamiliar
Jun 19, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The major reason I believe business owners who do not want to take out insurance policies is that high premium maybe in their country or location. This is mostly for small medium businesses
The premiums are negotiable and flexible depending on the extent of coverage you want. It might not need to a total coverage but just insure the most risky part of your business. Life and business can be funny sometimes.

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I am persuaded tp think that those businesses that fail to purchase insurance covers belief that the financial cost of doing so is greater than the cost they would incur if the venture is burned own in a fire, for example.

A debatable position.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.470
Raw Dex
$0.000
Businesses that are not yet insured because they do not understand this should be educated on it. Some business owners need to know the benefits that an insurance policy brings to a company

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
One major factor that might discourage most business owners from insuring their business, especially does running a small business is the cost. In some countries the cost of insuring a business is on the high side.

It is very unfortunate that this kind of a thing is more common in developing countries because those who run businesses in developed countries always have them insured.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.523
Every business needs to be insured as it can make a business not to go down and close in the event of a bad happening. People in my country always think they are losing when they buy insurance and keep paying premium and nothing still happens.

Back