Remedy for users on a hacked earning site

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$4.100
Raw Dex
$0.130
Some earning sites sometimes get hacked which affects both the users of the site and the site owners. on the part of the site owner, the data on the site get compromised and sometimes get deleted and can't br traced. For the members or users on the site the earned points on the site are compromised or wiped out. So what would be the best remedy for users on this hacked site?. Do you think, they should request for their lost points especially for those that their entire points were wiped out. This is what is happening now at iforumtalk forum where users are asking for their wiped points but the admin isn't responding.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.410
Raw Dex
$0.033
While members have a right to ask for their points, it is also very difficult for the site owner to pay members if he does not have a back up. So members should try to ensure that they withdraw regularly.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$4.603
Requesting for their lost points would be the way out, but then again there are persons who might lie about what they actually have before. So i think another way to go about this would be for the site owner to double or triple the earning point for a particular period of time. This would enable people quickly and earn what they have lost.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.040
For me l have never been a victim for being in a hacked earning website before. However this can be a horrible experience to encounter in the online industry for that matter.

King Belieal

Notable
Oct 26, 2023
Dex
$0.001
Raw Dex
$1.490
For such a robust site, I am surprised that they don't have daily backups. It is a shame. Nothing can be done as it is. The losers take the loss even though it is painful. It's one of the experiences of working online.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$4.100
Raw Dex
$0.130
Yesh I think we just have to take the loss as the site admin isn't even responding to this query. I don't think anyone would be paid for this I unfortunate situation

Carson20t

Notable
Sep 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.480
This is very true with some coments here,the thing is that the site must have various systems of back up including some file that they can verify each users activity on the forum manually.I also think that ptp workers should be saving and backing us their logs as often as possible even as a screen short.So maybe every week you screen short your transaction log with the current balance.It can help for any future claims.

Sameemohs

Complete Stranger
Oct 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If you're a user on a hacked earning site:

1.Security First:
Change your passwords immediately and use strong, unique passwords for each site.

2.Contact Support:
Inform the site administrators about the hack.

3.Monitor Finances:
Keep an eye on your financial accounts for any suspicious activity.

Report to Authorities:
If necessary, report the hack to relevant authorities.

5.Be Cautious:
Avoid sharing sensitive information and use caution with future online earnings sites.

Hacked sites can pose significant security risks, so prioritize safeguarding your personal information and finances.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$3.760
You can write correct review and with proofs on review sites like scamadvisor or trustpilot. People read there and they will be notice about possible problems. Just include screeshots with date and time.

Authenticity101

Somewhat Known
Aug 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is so discouraging when a website gets hacked. Both the admin and the users suffer a lot from such a scenario. But the admin should at least communicate, not be quiet like the iForumtalk admin has done. It makes the users suspicious that the admin has gone scam and not the alleged hacking took place.

Rubz

Notable
Sep 12, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.385
I think the best remedy for users on a hacked earning site is to forget about their previous earnings as hard as it may be and starts all over again because it's not the fault of the site owners.

Back