Selling Assets to Build Investment Funds

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.020
Raw Dex
$4.550
A lot of people in my home country sell their assets like houses, land, gold, etc. to build an investment fund and invest in various markets like the stock market, equity, businesses, companies, etc. Sometimes they do make money, and sometimes their investment goes wrong. What do you think about selling your assets in order to start investing in various markets?

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.475
Well, there are many people who do realise that cash in itself is an asset, but by the passage of time, it may lose its value. This is why they tend to invest in fixed assets such as real estate that may help them when inflation increases.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$11.843
Yes a lot of people to this, they sell their houses and their cars just so they can have enough funds to carry out investments, in some cases it does work out, while in other cases it does not. They end up loosing everything.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.475
Yes a lot of people to this, they sell their houses and their cars just so they can have enough funds to carry out investments, in some cases it does work out, while in other cases it does not. They end up loosing everything.

The sad thing is that there are many people who would sell their assets in order to invest in an "investment opportunity" that would turn out to be a scam. There have been many such kind of cases in our country where people were scammed.

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I would not advise one to sale his/her land so as to invest the money in an investment fund. As it is, land is an appreciating asset. It may thus not make good business sense to sell this property for this purpose.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.770
It depends on what percentage you sell of your assets really, if you sell 100% of your assets to invest in the financial markets I do not see much sense to that since you would be very exposed, I think that if you sell a decent percentage but without selling all of them, it would be fine.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$11.843
The sad thing is that there are many people who would sell their assets in order to invest in an "investment opportunity" that would turn out to be a scam. There have been many such kind of cases in our country where people were scammed.
This kind of situation is even the worse. Imagine selling all you have only to hear its a scam. Not everyone can actually take this. There have been cases of persons who end up commiting suicide just cause they have found themselves in serious debts or cause they no longer have anything to call their own after a failed investment.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.900
Raw Dex
$0.030
This is for me I can sell my assets for investment. if I know an investment is viable them I can sell my assets so that i can have enough funds for the investments.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$2.040
Raw Dex
$0.008
I currently own an apartment, and have some collectibles. I am not prepared to sell these assets to make investments. I am a conservative investor. I just use my spare money to buy stocks, bonds and mutual funds.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't think that selling of assets like house or land is a good thing but some like gold and diamonds or other materials like cars can be sold to create fund for investment.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
In my personal opinion, there is nothing wrong with selling assets for investment, like Elon once sold a house for investment, but if you have more than one house, but if you only have one house that you are currently living in, then you should not do it, because the investment is not necessarily profitable.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
But don't we think it is risky? Why should we sell our property that we suffered to buy because of investment. Now tell me, what if the investment goes wrong? We can never be sure.

Back