Should an employee be fired for being incompetent?

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.091
There are times when some people are hired, but they are incompetent at their respective jobs. I do not know why they were able to surpass expectations during the hiring and selection process. I do hope it is not because of nepotism. Given that they were mistakenly hired, the Human Resource Department needs to take responsibility for training these people. In this way, they can cope with the competency requirements for their jobs in the company.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Not all time should an employee be fired for incompetence. If after all efforts to address the issue failed and no improvement from such employee. I think they can look for soft assignments in another section of the company where he may likely fit in.
There is provision for all sorts of work in a company.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
There are times when some people are hired, but they are incompetent at their respective jobs. I do not know why they were able to surpass expectations during the hiring and selection process. I do hope it is not because of nepotism. Given that they were mistakenly hired, the Human Resource Department needs to take responsibility for training these people. In this way, they can cope with the competency requirements for their jobs in the company.

I don't think that any employer you hired have any reason to still be in his position when he or she is not delivering on the job. It is high time the person is relieved of his or her duties and a capable hand employed to do the job.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
Yes, I think an incompetent employee deserves to be fired, otherwise it will disrupt the company's operations. In addition, it can reduce the level of company productivity. And there are many more bad effects of incompetent employees.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.445
It mainly depends on the company though, there are cases where the company might not have enough resources to train them, they would have no choice than to let them go.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
You have to train them and allow them some time to see if they can adapt. Some people are slow in adaptation and would get better with time. It is called man management.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.481
Unfortunately most businesses companies and organisations use this strategy to eliminate the incompetent workers in their companies.
For me I bet it's not supposed to be the be the way it is.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.340
Raw Dex
$0.105
If an employee's performance is constantly below expectation, management should talk to him/her and find out the reasons. Appropriate training should be given to him/her. If the employee is really incompetent doing the job, s(he) should be asked to leave the company.

Back