Should business studies be given priority?.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I'm considering if business studies should be given priority among other vocations. To me, this is necessary as it would solve the problem of unemployment among our teeming youths. With the business studies, the candidates would have been equipped with lots of business ideas. All what they need to do after graduation is to look for which of the businesses they could do on their own instead of roaming the streets looking for employment.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I'm considering if business studies should be given priority among other vocations. To me, this is necessary as it would solve the problem of unemployment among our teeming youths. With the business studies, the candidates would have been equipped with lots of business ideas. All what they need to do after graduation is to look for which of the businesses they could do on their own instead of roaming the streets looking for employment.
Even if it's another field of specialization or course subjects related to business must he incorporated in the curriculum. All field of endeavours will always have a business side to it. Basic knowledge on how to run a business must be one of the major topics.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020

It is not a must that you will undergo a business school before you can actually be successful in running a business but it is something that is necessary if you have the financial means of doing so.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Sure why not this is why business studies is taken in Nigerian schools. With business studies, you would have been equipped with lots of business ideas which will help you run an effective business

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
Not just doing routine, but make it a practical based subject. The business studies I did in secondary school alongside commerce has not helped me a bit in the BUSINESS I am doing.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't know but I believe a lot of subjects taught at school should have a practical class it will help the students to perform better than just the theory of it

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't know but I believe a lot of subjects taught at school should have a practical class it will help the students to perform better than just the theory of it
A business studies class practical can involve giving students a product to attempt to sell. This would stimulate the entrepreneurial spirit in them. Business studies if taught well could be the solution to our unemployment problem.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is not a must that you will undergo a business school before you can actually be successful in running a business but it is something that is necessary if you have the financial means of doing so.
Business studies could be run as vocation too in order to enroll those that are semi skilled and needed to engage in business activities. It is not when one go to higher institutions before business studies could be learned.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Business studies could be run as vocation too in order to enroll those that are semi skilled and needed to engage in business activities. It is not when one go to higher institutions before business studies could be learned.
You have just said it just right. You could bring artisans like plumbers, electricians, bricklayers and help sharpen their skills while teaching them the business aspect of it like how to monetize these skills individually. The impact of business studies would be felt this way.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$2.950
Raw Dex
$0.008
I think students should be given a variety of choices on the subject/skills they would like to learn. Some are more interested in engineering, some in programming. Business management should definitely be offered as a choice.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$1.673
I am not going to generalize it. Most people can go with the business courses available in universities. They can be educated more in terms of handling their businesses in the future.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.823
I believe business studies should be made as one of the major subjects being taught in schools, cause the truth of the matter is that there are no jobs out there, it would be best to start preparing the minds of the young ones on how to go about various businesses.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$1.673
I believe business studies should be made as one of the major subjects being taught in schools, cause the truth of the matter is that there are no jobs out there, it would be best to start preparing the minds of the young ones on how to go about various businesses.
You are right. I noticed that my niece had this business topics lately. I was surprised that they are teaching this for them to learn about business. I helped her do the budget plan of her business.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my opinion, studying business is more important to prioritize than other majors. Because in the current era of increasingly limited job opportunities, we are required to be creative so that we can create our own business to open up new jobs, at least for ourselves and those around us. In my country there are many graduates who are unemployed, many also work sober, that is, not in accordance with the background of the major they are taking.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000

I think that studies and education are incredibly important and this is something people must understand. Literacy is quite important for many people. Educated nations are more developed for a really big reason!

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
Instead of teaching the mundane business studies, they should teach financial education and value creation. That would expand the scope of the present business studies.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yeah you will undergo a business school studies to help you before you can actually start off a business. one will be successful in running a business this way and it will he great.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.823
Instead of teaching the mundane business studies, they should teach financial education and value creation. That would expand the scope of the present business studies.
You have a point there, but the question is if they have good teachers who are skilled in this fields, then again what would help is if they are given some sort of practical so the students can have a sort of real life experience.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is to get the right teachers and pay them well. some teachers here get monthly stipends that cant be called a salary. The salary is too poor that's just appalling

Back