Should overworking employees be considered as abuse?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.081
There are some business owners who tend to overwork their employees, they pay them little and tend to even use them for things not related to their work. Should cases like this be considered as an employer abusing his employees?

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
RIF Cash
$2.350
As long as they got extra money for it, i dont think so. Unless you pay them very low and push them really hard, its called abuse.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
RIF Cash
$-4.236
Every employers should not abuse their employees. Where they are subjected to overwork, then it is expected of employers to them their dues accordingly.
Post automatically merged:

Every employers should not abuse their employees. Where they are subjected to overwork, then it is expected of employers to them their dues accordingly.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
RIF Cash
$5.226
It could be called abuse of employees and they can sue the owner or report it to the department of labor. It will be better if the pay is double since they are working overtime.

Shavkat

Sep 7, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.608
It would be abusive if they are not paid for overtime work. Differential payments should be carried out by these companies for overtime work of their employees.

Sophie

Unfamiliar
Apr 28, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.050
Yes I believe that over working employees is considered abusive because you as an employer by doing that is going against the contract on which both parties agreed on before job acceptance

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.501
Just giving a worker more job than necess6 would be abusive and if they are not even paid for overtime work then I see this one as slavery I will just resign

Shavkat

Sep 7, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.608
Yes I believe that over working employees is considered abusive because you as an employer by doing that is going against the contract on which both parties agreed on before job acceptance
You are so right. I am not that other employees that will just say amen to these people. I will surely going to fight my rights about it and let them stop doing this. It is not the rightful thing to do.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.501
This is one area that one should be vocal about. you don't have to die in silent or start what you cant finish. you need to speak out to help yourself stay sane.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.872
There are some business owners who tend to overwork their employees, they pay them little and tend to even use them for things not related to their work. Should cases like this be considered as an employer abusing his employees?
If you are forcefully making your workers to do more work and end up paying them less it can be regarded as an abused and I believe that it is punishable by the law.

AruneBend

Notable
Apr 23, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.098
Not really if they get extra pay or things like that the employee can quit the job if they don't like it or feel abused abusing is really strong word

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.501
But no body should stay in an abusive environment it does affects ones sanity. A lot of people are having mental issues because of this kind of abuse which is bad

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
RIF Cash
$5.226
There might be a case like that but if the employees are members of a labor union they can report the business owner. It's an abuse of power to the workers They're humans not stones.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.501
Yes they will need to come together to report such abuse especially if they are not being psid extra. It is selfishness of the employer and it should be stopped by the workers

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.050
There might be a case like that but if the employees are members of a labor union they can report the business owner. It's an abuse of power to the workers They're humans not stones.

making your employees work too much and not paying them the right sum of money is, indeed, quite abusive. This is very unethical as well. Therefore, I think that it should be addressed by the local authorities.

Back