Should overworking employees be considered as abuse?

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.955
I would say that it is exploitation. If the employee is requested to work overtime and what they do is not related to their work, they have the right to refuse doing it.

AruneBend

Notable
Apr 23, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.098
As long as they got extra money for it, i dont think so. Unless you pay them very low and push them really hard, its called abuse.
Yup I think so but if they get paid decent it's not really abuse also they are not forced to work they can leave the job when they want

funkie

Somewhat Known
Oct 17, 2022
RIF Cash
$4.500
There are some business owners who tend to overwork their employees, they pay them little and tend to even use them for things not related to their work. Should cases like this be considered as an employer abusing his employees?
One hundred per cent. This is just outright evil. Making your employees work for longer hours than you have promised them is a violation and so is making them do tasks unrelated to their job. This should absolutely not be taken lightly, at all.

Bisolami

Sep 19, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.300
It would be abusive if they are not paid for overtime work. Differential payments should be carried out by these companies for overtime work of their employees.
I think it is a form of abuse to tell your employees to work so hard that you are not even paying them well for the work that they do. It is not nice that way

funkie

Somewhat Known
Oct 17, 2022
RIF Cash
$4.500
I would say that it is exploitation. If the employee is requested to work overtime and what they do is not related to their work, they have the right to refuse doing it.
Exactly, unless the employee is getting fairly compensated with overtime payment, then it can be understood that it is not abuse - however if someone is not even getting overtime payment and is also being made to do unrelated work, that is definitely abuse.

Back