Should staff members be allowed to socialize outside the office?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$4.603
As weird as this might sound, I have seen some companies or organizations setup rules where staffs members are not allowed to have any form of relationship outside the office. Meaning everything should just be work related, and should be done within the office or business environment. What's your take on this, personally I don't see anything wrong in staff members socializing with one another outside of the office, as long as it does not have any negative effect on the business.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

freelancermaria

Notable
Oct 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$10.735
That is quite odd and can be draining. They do not encourage a healthy balance between work and personal life, and this can take a toll on the mental well-being of the employees. I do not see anything wrong with socializing with colleagues outside of the office.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.925
it never happens here that there is a restriction on having a good relationship among the employees outside of the work environment. That is a violation of freedom and human rights.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$1.813
I think it is unfair for the company paying the employees when socializing without any concerns about their respective companies. It is a rule that they need to follow.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$1.813
It is normal to socialize outside the office. There's no law that prohibits it at my workplaces , unless a communist country .
It could be. Although a work-related socialization is a good way for the employees to do. If it is against their rules, then they need to follow.

King Belieal

Notable
Oct 26, 2023
Dex
$0.001
Raw Dex
$1.490
Whatever staff members want to do outside the working hours and outside the office shouldn't matter to the organisation. But staff members socializing can help build stronger workforce.

Back