Should workers be paid feeding allowance?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.463
I was on my way out to deliver a job some days back and i overheard someone said workers should be entitled to feeding allowance, since they come to the office early in the morning and leave pretty late. While the other person was in disagreement that they are being paid monthly, so there is no need for an extra allowance.
Should workers be given allowance, and why?

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.870
It depends on the nature of the job and the financial position of the employer. But I think any work that has to do with a lny form of manual labor should get feeding allowance.

Sophie

Unfamiliar
Apr 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes it is very important that employers treat's there workers very well so I believe that feeding allowance is ok
But not a
Post automatically merged:

Yes I believe that it is very important that employers treat's there workers very well so I believe that feeding allowance is ok
But not all companies can afford that so it all depends on the company

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.410
If the company can afford it, that's great. Typically, your salary consists of all the necessary allowances and a breakdown would help you understand if feeding allowance is part of it or not.

You can demand for an increase if you feel that it's not sufficient for the work and timing you do.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.850
Raw Dex
$0.710
Some multinationals in my country actually offer a feeding allowance. Most companies can't do it because it is capital intensive. I would love to work in a company that does it.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.850
Raw Dex
$0.003
Feeding allowance shouldn't be a complusory thing in a workplace since the workers are getting paid but it should be prerogative of the employer. if they have the means why not.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I was on my way out to deliver a job some days back and i overheard someone said workers should be entitled to feeding allowance, since they come to the office early in the morning and leave pretty late. While the other person was in disagreement that they are being paid monthly, so there is no need for an extra allowance.
Should workers be given allowance, and why?

It actually depends on where you are working because there are some companies that make provisions of offering feeding allowances to their staff and there are some companies that don't observe it.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$2.990
Raw Dex
$0.000
My impression is not many companies here provide meal allowance to employees. Only those working in the eateries can get a free meal if they eat in the restaurant they work for.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.475
There are many companies that do not offer anything for free. This also includes food in the canteen, so we should never expect them to give us such kind of allowance bonus to their employees.

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It depends on the working hour and the work type, if the workers start working early in the morning and have no time to prepare food or eat food before coming to the work then the employer needs to feed those workers, it is good for both workers and employers because if the workers get tired and frustrated then the productivity of the workers will decrease which will lead to profit lose.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.850
Raw Dex
$0.003
Yes, especially for those that the working hours are pretty long and the work load is heavy. , These kind of workers should be considered for feeding allowance especially too for those that start working early in the morning

HansonU99

Unfamiliar
Nov 2, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.540
It's depends on the size of the establishment if your firm is big enough there is nothing wrong paying your workers feeding allowance it's going to encourage them to work really hard for you

Fidelia

Somewhat Known
Oct 28, 2023
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$3.910
It's depends on the size of the establishment if your firm is big enough there is nothing wrong paying your workers feeding allowance it's going to encourage them to work really hard for you
It has more to do with tye conscientiousness of the business and it's benefits owner/ decision makers. There are very small hotels and schools that give their staff one meal a day. A business that is concerned about staff welfare would easily do that but I am not entitled to expect such.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$2.060
First time I hear for such term in business. They should just ask overtime if they work more then 8 hours per day or they can search for salary supplement. Why they even come so early?

HansonU99

Unfamiliar
Nov 2, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.540
It has more to do with tye conscientiousness of the business and it's benefits owner/ decision makers. There are very small hotels and schools that give their staff one meal a day. A business that is concerned about staff welfare would easily do that but I am not entitled to expect such.
In my location it's not possible to do this almost all the school don't allow this except private school so that won't be possible but I think decision marker or ceo of any business can do this just to improve and impress the quality of their business

freelancermaria

Notable
Oct 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.338
Some employers provide meal allowances, but they are usually not that much. But it is better than nothing, isn't it? It is entirely dependent on the organization for which you work.

Back