Should you quit your job for online business?

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is not good idea to quit your offline job if doing online business does not affect it. Both of them should be done alongside together.
While doing offline job, you could use proceeds from it to run your online business. The result of online business is not as instant as you might imagined. Passive income earned might not be sufficient enough for your daily activities, that is why you don't need to quit your offline jobs while doing online business.
You may even need your working place to market your online business.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

enehemie

Complete Stranger
Apr 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Na, That will be a very bad move unless the job is too hard for you its better to keep it or switch to an easier offline job while doing your online job. Online job are not always consistant there can be a time you will be without anything to do and its where offline job are helpfull. Vice Versa.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
I know of a Nigerian friend that was working as a school teacher and earning NGN22k. When converted to dollars, that is about $50. He resigned and focused on forum jobs. He now makes $90 every month even as some forums he was on like postbucks and trendri have closed down.

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
I would never quit an offline job you have for an online job that you may be working in your spare time unless I knew for sure that the online job you have would make you enough income to be able to live on.

All too often people jump to working online and from home and quit their offline job because they would much rather work from home than have to head out every day to work. This usually results in them not making enough to live off and they end up struggling.

You must always consider your financial stability before making a drastic decision like this.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.340
Raw Dex
$0.105
Unless you really hate the offline job, I think it is advisable to keep your current job while starting an online business. Your offline job gives you a stable income. You may also save some money and invest it in your online business.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$4.060
I would not until you don't have same security like in regular job as long term contract, good income. Every job can fail so online business. We just can't know what will happend in next few years except bills will come.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
I think it is fine for me. Since I am working at home, I still prefer to be working online while doing my business online. I am doing both for almost 2 years now.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think it is fine for me. Since I am working at home, I still prefer to be working online while doing my business online. I am doing both for almost 2 years now.
Yes it is good to keep both as a passive earners. You would be using one to support the other one.
You don't need to quit your offline job unless you are convinced that your online business can sufficiently sustain you and your family. And in your attempt to intensify more in your field, then you can decide to quit your job.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
Yes it is good to keep both as a passive earners. You would be using one to support the other one.
You don't need to quit your offline job unless you are convinced that your online business can sufficiently sustain you and your family. And in your attempt to intensify more in your field, then you can decide to quit your job.
Offline jobs that pay something reasonable is not what someone can quit for online work. But some offline jobs are not worth it and they are waste of time and waste of energy.

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.003
I wouldn't even advise anyone to quit his or her business for online business, because it might not be stable, and sometimes due to some factors, because something you might not have electricity to power up your system or one or two things may occur.
It is not good idea to quit your offline job if doing online business does not affect it. Both of them should be done alongside together.
While doing offline job, you could use proceeds from it to run your online business. The result of online business is not as instant as you might imagined. Passive income earned might not be sufficient enough for your daily activities, that is why you don't need to quit your offline jobs while doing online business.
You may even need your working place to market your online business.

deucher

Unfamiliar
Mar 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
The decision to stop working for an online business should be based on individual circumstances, including financial stability, risk tolerance, and personal goals. Before making any such decision, it is advisable to lay a solid foundation and check the viability of your online business.

AruneBend

Notable
Apr 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.608
It's extremely risky especially if you start the bussness you need to think about a lot of thing many bussness fail and go bankrupt it's not good decision if you don't have good capital

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.712
No, I will never quit my active job and prefer online however I can do both. I have to manage my time well. This time we need more online jobs prices go up almost everyday.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.645
It depends on you, if you feel you are earning enough from your online jobs, and your offline job is getting in the way then you have every right to quit it and focus online. Personally i would advice you not to quit it though. There is notting wrong with you having multiple sources of income.

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I will never quit my job for an online business, the best thing about online business is that it can be done at any time and any where so i don't really need to quit my job to work online.

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.200
Raw Dex
$0.360
There is no guarantee that you will make money from your business, there is no guarantee that your business will succeed. However your job will at least give you an income.

HansonU99

Unfamiliar
Nov 2, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.103
At first you will need to build an earning channel online yourself before considered quitting your offline job for online,doing work online is very profitable if you have build a wealth source

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
At first you will need to build an earning channel online yourself before considered quitting your offline job for online,doing work online is very profitable if you have build a wealth source
Yeah online works could be very profitable and they can be worked from anywhere all we need is smart device and internet, but the bad thing about online works or jobs are that they don't have any guarantee for us like the offline jobs.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$2.855
Raw Dex
$0.073
I strongly recommend that never even think about to quit your job for online earning. Because there are so many positive aspects of offline job as one remain in moving condition so his health condition remain good as compared to when he try to work from home.

Back