Should you try to repair damages on panels of smartphones?

Fidelia

Unfamiliar
Oct 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
My Huawei smartphone just developed a fault and has refused charging. I have changed the charging port and IC but it won't charge. They say that it is a panel problem.

I want to ask if it is a wise decision to go ahead and fix a panel problem? People say that when it is a panel problem, you should just dump ans forget about the phone. How true is that?

Fidelia

Unfamiliar
Oct 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I would only dump anything that I can repair if the repairer or a professional have assessed it and give such verdict
When it comes to panel related issues, I don't even think it is possible to repair it. The best thing is to get the same model of that phone and replacing the panel. Better still, you dump the phone and think of getting a new one.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
When it comes to panel related issues, I don't even think it is possible to repair it. The best thing is to get the same model of that phone and replacing the panel. Better still, you dump the phone and think of getting a new one.
Once a phone is already having panel issues, the best thing is to dump the phone and get some money to buy another one. Once a panel is gone, don’t bother repairing it

Back