Social media and job search in modern society.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.210
It was really bad those days with job search. One would have to go and look for job adverts in newspapers. Some used to go from one organization to another to ask if a vacancy existed. It was really bad.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
There are a lot of work vacancies available in the social media but we must be very careful about it because there are a lot of scammers that are just waiting for others to be taken advantage.

You are very correct with this assessment because a lot of scammers will set up such a job opportunities and ask you to pay a certain amount of money before you can get the job.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.210
I don't even pay any dime for any job. That is how one placed an advert on a local forum for proofreading work. I engaged him and he told me to pay a certain amount for training before I resumed the work. I told him to bounce.

junrose123

Unfamiliar
Aug 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Social media sites are now one the easiest site to find some legit jobs without the need to commute and have a stressful day in finding a decent job outside our home premises.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Back in the days, when you see a person neatly dressed and carrying a file, one would automatically know that the person is a job applicant hunting for a job.
Social media has changed all of that and job seekers can just post their resumes and qualifications online and get hired.
This change has made the entire process of recruiting and being recruited much cheaper.
What do you think of the role of social media in job search and recruitment?
Social media had changed model of job hunting alone, it has also changed the model of job posting. Each big brands has sections in their social media handles where prospective seekers can apply.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Social media sites are now one the easiest site to find some legit jobs without the need to commute and have a stressful day in finding a decent job outside our home premises.

Once you know the right channels to follow when it comes to looking for jobs on social media, it will be very easy for you to get direct links that is going to give you better jobs.

junrose123

Unfamiliar
Aug 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I have some friends who are able to get a decent job through social media and it is really great to know that one can make it as long as we are determined to reach our goals.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I have some friends who are able to get a decent job through social media and it is really great to know that one can make it as long as we are determined to reach our goals.

The most important thing is to be sure of the channels that you are making use of because there are so many other channels that are managed by scammers who are looking for those to scam.

flower

Notable
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.004
Raw Dex
$0.001
The most important thing is to be sure of the channels that you are making use of because there are so many other channels that are managed by scammers who are looking for those to scam.
It is very important to be sceptical of social media platforms because there are lot of bad people there.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.481
For me I can say that this depends on the country that you come from. In the country that I come from for instance job hunting is and Facebook are two different things altogether. One can never get a job through the social media ply

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.445
Social media has made job search less stressful. No one out there has to even know you are in search for a job, you can do this from the comfort of your home.

Back