Staking vs Earn: Which do you prefer?

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
We often encounter staking and earn features in both crypto wallets and crypto exchanges. but before going to the point of discussion I will describe the meaning of both.

Staking is the activity of becoming a validator on a blockchain that implements a PoS mechanism system, by locking/freezing a number of cryptos to get returns in the form of the same crypto. The returns/rewards that will be obtained will be different for each type of crypto, for Avalanche 7.5%, Ethererum 5.28%, Plkadot 14.85% etc.

Earn is a feature both in wallets and exchanges that allows users to get rewards from their crypto by activating the Earn feature. But users can withdraw their funds at any time, for example for trading purposes, whereas in staking users cannot withdraw their funds before the lockup period ends. So Earn is the same as saving at the bank, we get interest and can take our funds at any time. But the rewards obtained from Earn will be smaller compared to staking, such as for Bitcoin 0.3% (APY), Ethereum 0.92% (APY), Tether (USDT) 2.02% (APY) etc.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I do have a few staking in my binance wallet and also in my trust wallet and have been slowly gathering the profits and also in my binance there are some earning too that is put in place from some learn and earn program I did and got them.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.470
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think staking is almost like gambling with your money. You might and might not win but with earning it is your right. You should always expect payment so I go for earnings

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.770
honestly the one I have used the most is the staking function, and it is the one I like the most for now and in which I have taken the most advantage both in exchanges and in wallets that allow staking as is the case of Exodus.

Semi

Unfamiliar
Jun 19, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It depends on factors like the annual staking reward rate. If this variable is high, then your staking would be more profitable than earning. And if it is not, the reverse happens.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.470
Raw Dex
$0.000
It seems staking also a good way of making good money. I just have to find a way of doing it right it will help with making extra income as I am need.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.770
It depends on factors like the annual staking reward rate. If this variable is high, then your staking would be more profitable than earning. And if it is not, the reverse happens.
You also have to be aware of market fluctuations, because if you stake with a cryptocurrency and not with a stablecoin, the fluctuations can take away the profits of the staking, for example Cosmos Atom offers an annual return of 20% or so, but it has fallen from its all time high about 88%-90%, so there is really no profit.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$12.678
To be honest i have not tried anyone, so I can't really say for sure which one i would pick in the end. Maybe with time i might give both a try and decide for myself.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
I do have a few staking in my binance wallet and also in my trust wallet and have been slowly gathering the profits and also in my binance there are some earning too that is put in place from some learn and earn program I did and got them.
I have only staked a few cryptocurrencies. I am hoping to stake more but I am thinking about it. I don't know if I should stake or I should just go for trading. I guess trading is better

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.373
Ever since I began my little cryptocurrency journey, I am yet to do any form of cryptocurrency staking, so for now all I focus on is majorly to earn it acquire some nice crypto coins that I feel will be very profitable in the future.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Ever since I began my little cryptocurrency journey, I am yet to do any form of cryptocurrency staking, so for now all I focus on is majorly to earn it acquire some nice crypto coins that I feel will be very profitable in the future.
Staking is very good but it depends on your choice because you also need to make your research before you can say that you want to stake on any cryptocurrency

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.360
Since I do not have much crypto , I have invested only in the earn product to check how it works. When I understand the system better I may try other options.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Since I do not have much crypto , I have invested only in the earn product to check how it works. When I understand the system better I may try other options.
I think it is better to trade instead of investing since you do not have a lot of crypto because people will have a lot at the ones that will benefit from investing because the profit will be higher

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.410
It seems staking also a good way of making good money. I just have to find a way of doing it right it will help with making extra income as I am need.
You can easily stake on Binance or any centralized exchanges. There are also other ways to earn money aside from staking on some new protocols. This can even make you eligible for airdrops

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
You can easily stake on Binance or any centralized exchanges. There are also other ways to earn money aside from staking on some new protocols. This can even make you eligible for airdrops
It is very easy to stake but I don't think there will be any need to take your cryptocurrency when the money is not a lot of money because there are some profits that will still feel like nothing even though you take them for over a year

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.470
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yeah staking isn't bad but it will be good when one knows a little about how to play and stake these games to win. Some people lose big too while staking

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
Staking and earning is almost the same thing. The difference is only in the name. In both terms, you fixed your coins so that it will yield interest. Though, this is my opinion.

Back