Stories of people quitting or being fired amazingly.

Joshua Farrell

The Funny Looking Blank Avatar Guy
Pro Member
Nov 9, 2022
Dex
$-49.900
Raw Dex
$0.060
What's the most epic way you've seen someone quit or be fired? Care to share those stories? And if you could share how those situations could have been avoided, how would it be avoided in the future?

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
I took my last salary and took a leave of absence for 3 days unknown to them that I was gone. They waited for me to resume after the three days and I told them I have quit on the 6th day.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.823
A former coworker where i previously worked told my boss she would be traveling cause her mom was sick, after giving three days break, on the third day we discovered she had stopped working with us and is currently working with another rival company. This reason was that my boss does not appreciate her effort. I believe this issue would have been resolved if she had simply open up

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
What's the most epic way you've seen someone quit or be fired? Care to share those stories? And if you could share how those situations could have been avoided, how would it be avoided in the future?

Well, I have heard of many strange stories of people getting fired for really absurd reasons. Some people were fired for saving someone's else's life. This story involves a coastguard who saved someone.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
I know of a driver that was fired just because he was too cute. He was supposed to drive the man's wife and was hired when the man was on a trip. When the man came back to meet the new driver, he objected to such a cute guy driving his wife and promptly fired him.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That's absurd how you quit someone for what the person have jo control over. so you need ugly people to be driving your wife. Some men truly can't take what they dish out.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
That's absurd how you quit someone for what the person have jo control over. so you need ugly people to be driving your wife. Some men truly can't take what they dish out.
I don't fault the man at all. If a driver would not allow him to have peace of mind, he better fires him. He can't be in the house and imagining things. Maybe the driver was the wife's perfect spec.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
@Niyi Briggs but a man can have a secretary that is his spec. Even when the wife object to such he will not fire the lady all in the name that she knows the job better. There's no pleasing with the male gender.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
@Niyi Briggs but a man can have a secretary that is his spec. Even when the wife object to such he will not fire the lady all in the name that she knows the job better. There's no pleasing with the male gender.
We wouldn't want to enter that discussion because it would leave a business discussions and enter a cultural one. But think about why parents tend to protect their daughters more than their sons.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
The strangest way I have seen was in a restaurant where I worked, that day the president of Valencia CF came to the restaurant to eat at the restaurant, Valencia CF is a fairly large team from my country Spain, one of the waiters went to bring him a dish that had a black sauce, it was a fish, then he ended up tripping and dirtying and filling him with the black sauce everywhere in his white shirt, a disaster, that same night he was fired, I have to say that he was a very bad worker.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I took my last salary and took a leave of absence for 3 days unknown to them that I was gone. They waited for me to resume after the three days and I told them I have quit on the 6th day.

In some big companies you can not actually leave your job like that and if you try to do it, they will end up suing you and you are going to pay damages to the company.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
In some big companies you can not actually leave your job like that and if you try to do it, they will end up suing you and you are going to pay damages to the company.
I know that this is true. But it is not really possible in my country because the big organizations don't don't even observe labour laws. If the Staff wants to follow legal route in their dealings with organizations, the suing would be abundant.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
The truth is that some organizations deserve that treatment. It is a tit for tat thing. You can't give a bad experience as an organization and expect a good experience from your Staff.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I know that this is true. But it is not really possible in my country because the big organizations don't don't even observe labour laws. If the Staff wants to follow legal route in their dealings with organizations, the suing would be abundant.

You are very correct with this statement because it is one of the biggest downsides of working in companies in Nigeria where companies treat workers exactly how they want without facing any consequences.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
You are very correct with this statement because it is one of the biggest downsides of working in companies in Nigeria where companies treat workers exactly how they want without facing any consequences.
That is why it is a mutual thing. Do you know that many staff are working in organizations without an appointment letter? That means there is no basis for their engagement. Why would I submit a resignation when I never got an appointment letter?

Sophie

Unfamiliar
Apr 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It's actually a normal thing especially in businesses where the pay aren't much.
People tend to quit as they feel that the stress is not worth it and they might also get fired as a result of unsatisfied employers

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
A coworker was consistently late and negligent at work. All he was told was that he was suspended and he was not recalled even a year later. He probably didn't care because he never contacted the management as far as I know.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
That is why it is a mutual thing. Do you know that many staff are working in organizations without an appointment letter? That means there is no basis for their engagement. Why would I submit a resignation when I never got an appointment letter?
I have never seen anyone who's employed without having appointment letter given. You're not even entitled to a pay if you don't have appointment letter.

Back