The profitability of a catfish hatchery business.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.080
One of the value chains of Catfish business is hatching of the catfish. It is a venture that requires high skill and technique because one has to use the biological process of artificial insemination to do it.

The profitability of this business lies in the numbers. A single hatching operation of catfish hatching can produce 5000 fingerlings. And if one is sold at 50 cents, you have made a whole lot of money from a single operation.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.892
Most fishermen claimed that it is the easiest and profitable way to earn money in doing catfish ponds. This type of fish is not delicate when it comes to reproducing them.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.080
Any catfish farmer that can hatch would make much money. That's because he would be supplying to other farmers and it doesn't take much cost to hatch catfish. Just master the procedures.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Any catfish farmer that can hatch would make much money. That's because he would be supplying to other farmers and it doesn't take much cost to hatch catfish. Just master the procedures.
I would love to venture into this kind of business. What is the estimate in which someone should budget when trying to venture into such a business?.

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.003
One of the value chains of Catfish business is hatching of the catfish. It is a venture that requires high skill and technique because one has to use the biological process of artificial insemination to do it.

The profitability of this business lies in the numbers. A single hatching operation of catfish hatching can produce 5000 fingerlings. And if one is sold at 50 cents, you have made a whole lot of money from a single operation.
Catfish hatchery business is a good business to venture into, because people who run run fastfood business and restaurants business are the major patronizers, people are always yearning to have a taste of pepper soaked Catfish for relaxation.
Post automatically merged:

Catfish hatchery business is a good business to venture into, because people who run run fastfood business and restaurants business are the major patronizers, people are always yearning to have a taste of pepper soaked Catfish for relaxation.

Last edited:

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
The opportunity for a catfish hatchery business in my country is a very profitable business, because there are many catfish enthusiasts here. Pecel lele is one of the most popular dishes, the combination of rice, fried catfish, fresh vegetables and chili sauce makes this food very suitable for dinner.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.080
Hatching catfish is a skill that is very rare and not many people can do it. If you learn how to do it, you would be making lots of money as Farms would be calling you to come hatch for them on contract.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Catfish business has lots of potentiality in the business. Money could be made in all aspects of the catfish business.
Money could be made in hatchery whereby you specialize in extracting eggs from them and hatched them into fingerlings.
These fingerlings could be sold to those are engaged in catfish business as well. Fingerlings could also be used as feeding.
Fingerlings could also be raised into juveniles and sold to whoever that wanted to go into catfish rearing business.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020

I will tell you that this is a very lucrative business because I am already in the business of fish farming and it is something that I always buy from those that are hatching those fingerings.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.080
And to tell you the truth, they don't spend so much to raise those fries to fingerlings because at that level, the young fishes can't really eat much. It is highly profitable. But it is very technical.
I will tell you that this is a very lucrative business because I am already in the business of fish farming and it is something that I always buy from those that are hatching those fingerings.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.263
A lot of fishermen or fish traders are making money with this. it is one of the easiest and profitable way to earn money. This type of fish is liked and making money is easy

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
And to tell you the truth, they don't spend so much to raise those fries to fingerlings because at that level, the young fishes can't really eat much. It is highly profitable. But it is very technical.

You are very correct with that assessment and I am actually thinking about starting it myself so that will not have to purchase from them again and in the end I will offer the services to other people that are into the line of business.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.080
You are very correct with that assessment and I am actually thinking about starting it myself so that will not have to purchase from them again and in the end I will offer the services to other people that are into the line of business.
I once heard a friend that wanted to learn it. He said he was charged about $500 to be taught the skill. It involves some biological processes that is highly technical.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I am a catfish hatcher and I can tell you for free that a good hatcher has a lot of jobs to come hatch in these big Farms. They don't like stable employment. They prefer freelancing.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.008
Sounds really nice. Someone once told me there is lot of money in the catfish business. I was not even aware there are specific persons who would handle the hatching process and the likes.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.080
Hatching of catfish is the most profitable aspect of catfish business. You would get to benefit from the prolific reproductive powers of catfish. And it doesn't require much capital to start.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I once heard a friend that wanted to learn it. He said he was charged about $500 to be taught the skill. It involves some biological processes that is highly technical.

Personally I don't think that the charge of $500 is too big because the knowledge and skill that you're going to acquire by learning that will easily pay you that money back in 10 times the fold.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Personally I don't think that the charge of $500 is too big because the knowledge and skill that you're going to acquire by learning that will easily pay you that money back in 10 times the fold.
I also don't think it is too much. It is just that in Nigeria, the idea of someone paying a premium for knowledge is not part of the embedded culture. That is a lifetime skill.

Back