Unciphered Successfully Tests Hacking Trezor Model T

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.795
On May 24, 2023, Unciphered, a cybersecurity company claims to have successfully hacked a Trezor Model T hardware wallet, by extracting the private key or pass phrase.
After Unciphered unlocked the internal circuit board of the Trezor Model T hardware wallet and connected to its lab equipment, they also used the GPU to extract the firmware.

Trezor responds to this hacking experiment, it is only a downgrade of RDP [Read Protection] and can only be done by professionals who have sophisticated equipment, besides that the hacker must steal or hold the hardware wallet.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.200
In addition to what the company Trezor said, these "attackers" would also have to steal your physical device to obtain the seed keys to steal your funds, so as long as you protect the device you are still safe, besides that it is true that they need equipment and advanced knowledge.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.795
In addition to what the company Trezor said, these "attackers" would also have to steal your physical device to obtain the seed keys to steal your funds, so as long as you protect the device you are still safe, besides that it is true that they need equipment and advanced knowledge.
You're right, so until now the Trezor Model T is still very safe if we use it to store crypto, as long as we don't lose the physical hardware wallet and private key, because the nature of the Trezor Model T is offline so it's very difficult to hack.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.200
You're right, so until now the Trezor Model T is still very safe if we use it to store crypto, as long as we don't lose the physical hardware wallet and private key, because the nature of the Trezor Model T is offline so it's very difficult to hack.
after the problem that Ledger had a week ago, with the issue of possible KYC, and the new update that there was so much controversy, surely Trezor gains market share as well.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.795
after the problem that Ledger had a week ago, with the issue of possible KYC, and the new update that there was so much controversy, surely Trezor gains market share as well.
Trezor is a well-known hardware wallet that many people like, and KYC on the crypto exchange will not be connected to the Trezor wallet, that's what I know so far.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.200
Trezor is a well-known hardware wallet that many people like, and KYC on the crypto exchange will not be connected to the Trezor wallet, that's what I know so far.
What I was referring to is that Ledger proposed a KYC on his device to a possible recover of your seed phrase, which will surely make many crypto investors look towards Trezor and leave Ledger

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Such concerns would always remain though with all wallets, and I think that sometimes, decentralized exchanges can be used to diversify when you are storing your coins.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.200
Such concerns would always remain though with all wallets, and I think that sometimes, decentralized exchanges can be used to diversify when you are storing your coins.
One should never have all the funds in one place no matter how secure it is, it is better to have them diversified in a certain way and have the largest amount in the safest wallet, for example in this case a hardware wallet.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.795
One should never have all the funds in one place no matter how secure it is, it is better to have them diversified in a certain way and have the largest amount in the safest wallet, for example in this case a hardware wallet.
I agree with you, even though a hardware wallet allows us to store all the crypto we have in large quantities, it would be better for us to buy another hardware wallet so that all the crypto we have can be stored separately.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.200
I agree with you, even though a hardware wallet allows us to store all the crypto we have in large quantities, it would be better for us to buy another hardware wallet so that all the crypto we have can be stored separately.
Yes, you are totally right, I personally would not feel safe if I had all my funds in just one place, it is always better to diversify in case something fails.

Back