What are the minimum requirements to Mine Bitcoins and Altcoins?

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$1.090
Raw Dex
$2.433
I was thinking if it's possible to mine through our regular desktop or Laptop as it can be useful to earn a fixed income every day from our idle computer without harming it.
Please suggest only if you have practical experience of this. Thanks

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

jetsaints30

Somewhat Known
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
I was thinking if it's possible to mine through our regular desktop or Laptop as it can be useful to earn a fixed income every day from our idle computer without harming it.
Please suggest only if you have practical experience of this. Thanks
It is possible to mine crypto on your regular desktop or laptop but it may not be very profitable or safe. You would need a powerful GPU a lot of RAM and disk space and a stable internet connection you would also have to deal with high electricity costs, heat generation, noise, and wear and tear of your hardware. You may end up spending more than you earn.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
If you are going to mine crypto using a desktop or laptop, besides you need a GPU, large RAM to store programming code data, Power Supply around 3,250 watts, mining software, Cooling, internet connection min 15 mbps, If you are going to mine Bitcoin you should join a mining pool .

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.920
I think it is better not to use your PC to mine because you can earn more money in cryptocurrency simply by doing other tasks than putting it to mine today at the price of cryptos, how little you are going to mine with the power of a PC, the cost of electricity and the possible damage you can do to the device.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$1.090
Raw Dex
$2.433
I think it is better not to use your PC to mine because you can earn more money in cryptocurrency simply by doing other tasks than putting it to mine today at the price of cryptos, how little you are going to mine with the power of a PC, the cost of electricity and the possible damage you can do to the device.
I think you are right but I only asked if its possible and if it is then we can use our idle time to earn some money even if its 10-20 cents a day

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.920
I think you are right but I only asked if its possible and if it is then we can use our idle time to earn some money even if its 10-20 cents a day
Possible it is, but I don't think it's worth it, maybe calculating well the margins between electricity cost and cryptocurrency price if you are not able to earn even 10-20 cents really.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$1.090
Raw Dex
$2.433
Possible it is, but I don't think it's worth it, maybe calculating well the margins between electricity cost and cryptocurrency price if you are not able to earn even 10-20 cents really.
Oh yes I didn't even calculated that. So the bottom line is its not even worth to try mining

Back