What are the requirement to become an online tutor?

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$6.293
Raw Dex
$0.050
I always wanted to be a teacher but I could not. Now I want to quit my corporate job and want to be an online teacher.

Can someone tell me what is the requirement for the setup? What is the qualification and experience a company asks for to hire an online teacher?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.712
I already shared with you how. You need to take the test, and present your lesson demo through YouTube. You need to do these after you register to a site that hires teachers to teach online. You also need a secure and reliable internet connection, a zoom or Skype account.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$6.293
Raw Dex
$0.050
Hmm...maybe I need to practice for it to make a good video. I may not be good as I cannot explain things on YouTube. I have seen a few videos where people are so good at explaining things. My kids refer to videos when they are stuck somewhere.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.712
Practice your teaching demo at home and have your kids as the audience and ask them for their feedback. You can also do it without a video t practice talking or teaching. Let the kids give feedback on your demo good or bad, lol.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
You need a landline to teach online with the internet at least 3 Mbps. Then, you need to have the soft skills to teach the English language. Once you passed their requirements, then you are ready to be launched as their teachers virtually.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.712
@Shavkat , hoping @Sanjee can accomplish all tutorial requirements. He no longer likes to work in their corporate company. The test alone is with time limit and the teaching demo via YouTube. Yes, the salary is attractive and it can support a family's needs, but an active earning he has is also important. He told me there's no retirement benefit in their country.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$6.293
Raw Dex
$0.050
@Shavkat , hoping @Sanjee can accomplish all tutorial requirements. He no longer likes to work in their corporate company. The test alone is with a time limit and the teaching demo via YouTube. Yes, the salary is attractive and it can support a family's needs, but the active earning he has is also important. He told me there's no retirement benefit in their country.

We don't have retirement benefits that are the reason I am more inclined towards being an online tutor. It will be good for me as after retirement too I will be able to earn the equivalent of my present job.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
I always wanted to be a teacher but I could not. Now I want to quit my corporate job and want to be an online teacher.

Can someone tell me what is the requirement for the setup? What is the qualification and experience a company asks for to hire an online teacher?
The major requirements of being an online teacher is that you need to be good at the subject that you teach and you need to be able to teach people online in a way that they will understand

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
Of course the main requirement to become a tutor is to have expertise in certain subjects such as mathematics, physics, chemistry etc. and also you have a certificate from a university and a teacher's certificate. Have adequate tutorial equipment.

Carson20t

Notable
Sep 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.480
Excellent tips that alot of people have shared here,I would also add that if you want to always stand out then have a profile that is outstanding more especially on linkedin.It will really be an advantage most of the times you are applying.You also need a good workstation space with a pc or laptop,webcam ,microphone and a good lighting.In due course you can acquire some certification that yopu can teach english as a second langaunge but some sites just want your ability to teach english.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Of course the main requirement to become a tutor is to have expertise in certain subjects such as mathematics, physics, chemistry etc. and also you have a certificate from a university and a teacher's certificate. Have adequate tutorial equipment.
And he should have the ability to teach people online effectively. Teaching online may be very hard so the teacher needs to be able to explain well

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.645
Well there are various factors to consider, first and foremost you have to actually know what to teach and have some knowledge and skills in this filed. Then if the platform you are using has it rules, you would have to go through them.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
You need a computer to teach online with the internet at all times. Then, you need to have the teaching skills to communicate effectively with students

Ofonime

Notable
Dec 25, 2022
Dex
$0.009
Raw Dex
$0.210
before you can teach online you need to have better experience on the subject you want to teach ensure your lessons will impact your learners positively

Ofonime

Notable
Dec 25, 2022
Dex
$0.009
Raw Dex
$0.210
Having teaching experience is the key when you have good teaching experience and knowledge to teach others you can apply on teaching website and be making money

Sawe

Somewhat Known
May 14, 2024
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.823
You need to register to an online tutoring platform that pays for you to start working there. You need to showcase that you have some expertise in the field that you are going to teach, so build your portfolio to show your expertise .

King Belieal

Notable
Oct 26, 2023
Dex
$0.501
Raw Dex
$1.141
To be an online tutor, you just need to determine the academic discipline that you are good in. Sharpen up your teaching skills and start applying for teaching positions in that niche online.

Back