What do you think about quality of products being compromised in bad economy

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.280
Raw Dex
$0.015
What do you think about this problem? like in my country almost all the quality of local products have been compromised.The quality have so reduced. Do you think this is the way to deal with bad economy?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.838
I think the best thing to do would be to reduce the quantity rather than the quality. Or like most brands do, instead of reducing the quantity of their main products, they make a smaller version of it. Lets take digestive biscuits for example, we the original one which is pretty expensive, then there are smaller versions of it which is a lot cheaper. Cause once you reduce the quality of the original product, your customers would go for other products.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.280
Raw Dex
$0.015
Well I don't know what the producers in my country are thinking they are reducing both the quality and the quantities of their products and even increasing the price very annoying thing.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.370
Raw Dex
$5.310
I haven't witnessed this thing but it's not good and they should resort to another method of reducing the quantity or increasing the prices or both but reducing quality is a bad way and this way those consuming the product may stop too

Mikky

Notable
Jul 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is bad and unhealthy for a company to reduce the quality of their products so as to maximize their own profit. I also notice this changes in some products like my favourite soft drink now tastes like sugar water, this will only push the potential customers away .

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.280
Raw Dex
$0.015
It is bad and unhealthy for a company to reduce the quality of their products so as to maximize their own profit. I also notice this changes in some products like my favourite soft drink now tastes like sugar water, this will only push the potential customers away .
In Nigeria the change has gotten to almost all the products. Some products are smaller in size but packed in a bigger package and air is blown in to the package before sealing to sell as a big package.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
What do you think about this problem? like in my country almost all the quality of local products have been compromised.The quality have so reduced. Do you think this is the way to deal with bad economy?
Honestly, this is a very rampant thing in my country but I don't even think I can give a solution to that. It's making me confused

Mikky

Notable
Jul 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In Nigeria the change has gotten to almost all the products. Some products are smaller in size but packed in a bigger package and air is blown in to the package before sealing to sell as a big package.
Funny , we now buy air in place of tasty crunches , I still prefer those air inflated products because they still maintain their qualities at the cost of the quantity. Most people prefer quantity to quality with the current economy status.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.280
Raw Dex
$0.015
Funny , we now buy air in place of tasty crunches , I still prefer those air inflated products because they still maintain their qualities at the cost of the quantity. Most people prefer quantity to quality with the current economy status.
Like me I like more quantity at least let me get filled with what I buy not opening a sealed packed snacks to be confronted with air and few pieces of stuff.

Mikky

Notable
Jul 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Low quality product are cheap but not too good for the health just as @Ginger said, products like that also have an horrible taste. If it is a non-food product then there are chances that it won't last long so It will be better go go for the quality ones.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.370
Raw Dex
$5.310
Exactly we should go for good quality or at least decent quality products because we shouldn't play with the health of your family and ourselves and it won't be so thought pay extra to buy products of decent quality from the open market or online

Mikky

Notable
Jul 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Low quality products are also life threatening at times , there was a soft drink company here in my country that was closed down by NAFDC(a governmental organization that inspect and controls food and drug related products) because of mass food poison.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.370
Raw Dex
$5.310
I can sense what @cherry123 is saying and when the economy is dying then even sellers plan to sell low-quality product as they feel not many will be interested to buy good quality products and if there are less people interested then also they will go for low quality

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$1.000
That should not be that way the more pain people feel. They feel degraded and insulted. They need support from the higher ups.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.370
Raw Dex
$5.310
I am glad at least in India the economy is not too bad and we can buy what we want and those that prefer low-quality food can buy that and others can buy Good quality or as per their choice so everyone can do what they want

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.280
Raw Dex
$0.015
I am glad at least in India the economy is not too bad and we can buy what we want and those that prefer low-quality food can buy that and others can buy Good quality or as per their choice so everyone can do what they want
This is how an economy should work. With your money you go for what you can buy but it isn't same in my country as the economy is quite bad.

Mikky

Notable
Jul 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Some people actually wanted to use the quality product but they trusted the wrong personnel, like someone who went to repair his Car's break pads but the mechanic replaced the pads with a low quality ones but the owner paid for the best quality product. Most people falling a victim of low quality product weren't actually at fault but the corrupt personnel they consulted.

Back