What is the best strategy for keeping employees' attention during meetings?

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.501
I agree that the meeting should be interactive to capture the interest of everyone. Also with the help of visuals it does helps to capture the attention of participants in the meeting.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
RIF Cash
$5.226
You are very cool, already have quite a prestigious job but you are still active in the PTP forum, apart from that you also have a milk tea business, Good job! : D What is your underlying reason for doing all of this?
I want to acquire financial freedom when I reached my retirement age. I want to live on interest and do travel to Asian countries hehe with or without a partner. And being in RIF is a pleasure. I'm happy being with RIF. It's my first experience joining a forum site.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.501
Another point is that the meeting should be for a short time abd straight to the point no need prolonging a meeting that will make it becomes very boring to staff

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
RIF Cash
$5.226
Yes, true, long meetings will be boring, but meetings usually end after 1 or 2 hours. The participants will feel sleepy especially if the meeting's agenda is repeated. But there's no choice but to remain attentive.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.001
I think it really has to do with the kind of leader that called the meeting. Generally, let the agenda of the meeting be clearly beneficial and ensure that you make the staff see a benefit they are going to have from the outcome of the meeting.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.484
I want to acquire financial freedom when I reached my retirement age. I want to live on interest and do travel to Asian countries hehe with or without a partner. And being in RIF is a pleasure. I'm happy being with RIF. It's my first experience joining a forum site.

I'm glad to hear that, I hope what you want comes true. Aameen. Have you ever come to Indonesia before? There are many interesting things in Indonesia, not being endorsed, just promotion. LOL

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
RIF Cash
$5.226
Amen to that, I really dream to Visit Indonesia, Vietnam, Japan, Thailand. I been to China 3 times Brunei 3 times, Seoul 2 times, Malaysia 2 times, Australia , New Zealand . My. other dream countries are Las Vegas Nevada and New York. lol. To dream is free lol.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
RIF Cash
$4.004
I think you can always achieve this through setting aside a place most preferably on the staff entrance of the venue where all the staffs keep their phones there and collect them after the meeting.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.501
Yeah the leader of the meeting should try to keep the people from getting distracted . Anything tool or talks that will bring distraction should be eliminated that's how it should be

Bisolami

Sep 19, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.300
That's why I said earlier, if someone always said "I don't know" to most of the questions asked to him, he would be considered unprofessional. If you only occasionally say "I don't know" maybe it can still be tolerated, but we still need to show effort if we are going to look for data before answering it.
You are right
I will not even be happy when I ask my employee something and the only response I will get from him is "I don't know". I will be very angry. It means that you are not taking the job seriously.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.484
You are right
I will not even be happy when I ask my employee something and the only response I will get from him is "I don't know". I will be very angry. It means that you are not taking the job seriously.

That's right, I agree with you. Unless he shows effort that he will immediately give an answer and say he needs time to find supporting data. I can still accept the reason, because in fact there is no human who is perfect and knows all things.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.872
I think a lot of people are scared of not answering questions correctly or maybe they are scared of being mocked by their colleagues so they would rather keep mute

It is very wrong to be mocked by your fellow colleague when a meeting is going on and I believe that the management that cares about the feelings of the workers will not allow that to happen.

Bisolami

Sep 19, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.300
That's right, I agree with you. Unless he shows effort that he will immediately give an answer and say he needs time to find supporting data. I can still accept the reason, because in fact there is no human who is perfect and knows all things.
That is true
There are some people who give an i don't care attitude and it is not good. It won't help them to move forward in life. Those kind of people will find it hard to get a job

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.501
it is also very good to always wait it out for your boss to be free. if you want to get the nest from. them. Bosses are very busy people though

Authenticity101

Somewhat Known
Aug 8, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.334
You will do a great job by incorporating different learning methods in a meeting. Some people are visual learners while others do well with just the audio. You will also need to engage in some activities such as stretching and a bit of having fun to keep the meeting awake.

Shavkat

Sep 7, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.608
Have you ever been in a meeting when some discussion is going on and there are some people in the meeting that are busy pressing their smartphone when the meeting is going on? What are you supposed to do to that kind of people?
I am referring to medical professionals. I bet you had seen some movies or TV series that doctors are always on-call despite having meetings. In business sector, we can impose them not to use their mobile phones.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.501
it is to bring in good learning methods in a meeting. which will favor a lot of people there's no need just concentrating on one learning method. it is always good to spice things up

Shavkat

Sep 7, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.608
One of the best way to keep the attention of the workers during meetings is to keep them involved. Give them activities to do and as well ask them questions randomly.
I agree that delegating tasks to the employees can able to do a lot of things. In every meeting, the active involvement of the participants can be done with the help of activities.

Sophie

Unfamiliar
Apr 28, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.050
I as an individual don't want to be a strict boss or employer but when it comes to business we ought to leave every emotions behind and become professional for growth sake

Yohanna

Notable
Mar 19, 2023
RIF Cash
$-4.900
I as an individual don't want to be a strict boss or employer but when it comes to business we ought to leave every emotions behind and become professional for growth sake
Additionally, gaining the attention of the workers during business meeting is very critical because that is what will bring about concentration . The topic to discuss must be interesting and it must have value.

Back