What is the difference between Custodial Wallet and Non-Custodial Wallet?

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.795
Personally, these two types of wallets are very well used by crypto users, although in practice many crypto holders use these two wallets for different conditions or purposes. which type of wallet do you prefer custodial or non custodial wallet.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Personally, these two types of wallets are very well used by crypto users, although in practice many crypto holders use these two wallets for different conditions or purposes. which type of wallet do you prefer custodial or non custodial wallet.
I am not familiar with custodial wallet or non-custodial wallet maybe because I do not know the meaning but I will try to find out what it is

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.795
It's not a serious problem, if you are new to the world of crypto, the most important thing is that you can store all your crypto safely in a trusted wallet of any kind.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$3.000
The difference between custodial wallet and non-custodial wallet is the difference between keeping your money in a bank and keeping it in your own home. When you have money in your home, you have full control, that's non-custodial wallet.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The difference between custodial wallet and non-custodial wallet is the difference between keeping your money in a bank and keeping it in your own home. When you have money in your home, you have full control, that's non-custodial wallet.
I think I understand the difference now and I can say that I have a custodian wallet and a non custodial wallet

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.795
Having full control is also very risky, if the private key is lost then it cannot be accessed and your crypto is lost. My experience with the Atomic wallet, after changing my smartphone because it was damaged, I can't open the Atomic wallet, even though the private key has been recorded in an offline book, I also save a backup in the form of printed paper. but always wrong and lost crypto balance even if only 10$.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Having full control is also very risky, if the private key is lost then it cannot be accessed and your crypto is lost. My experience with the Atomic wallet, after changing my smartphone because it was damaged, I can't open the Atomic wallet, even though the private key has been recorded in an offline book, I also save a backup in the form of printed paper. but always wrong and lost crypto balance even if only 10$.
This has happened to me on another wallet and I could not get back my money

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.795
This has happened to me on another wallet and I could not get back my money
That is one of the disadvantages of a self-custodial wallet, including not being user-friendly. There are often problems that beginners can't solve, Private keys become a problem if an error occurs.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$3.000
That's true. If you get locked out of Binance, you can request password change and easily get back to your account. But if you lose your Trust wallet seed, you will also lose access to your funds. You should be really careful about saving your seed phrase.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.795
That's true. If you get locked out of Binance, you can request password change and easily get back to your account. But if you lose your Trust wallet seed, you will also lose access to your funds. You should be really careful about saving your seed phrase.
I also use several Custodial wallets like Coinbase, Uphold, HolyTransaction, Blockchain.com, Coinpayments.net. But those who have full control over the crypto that we have, we also need KYC, higher admin fees, also if there is a problem then the crypto that we have can be frozen at the request of the government.

Back