What is the expectations of Nigerians as Dangote Refinery is launched?.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
RIF Cash
$-4.236
I heard this morning on news that the outgoing government is going to commission Dangote Refinery next week. I'm sure most people would be over joy because of this news, thinking with the Dangote Refinery working, the suffering experienced over fuels issues would be reduced.
Dangote Refinery being the first private mega Refinery in Africa is alleged to have production capacity more than Nigeria fuel consumption. Based on this logistics, it is assumed that there would be availability of fuel in the country and there won't be issues of fuel hoarding any longer.
How true this logistic would be shall definitely come to manifest after the launching next week.
Also, we should not forgotten the issue of subsidy removal suspended by the outgoing government which would be inherited by the new incoming government.
No one knows the impact this subsidy issue would have on the Dangote fuel production.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.872
The most important thing is for him to create more job opportunities for the Nigerian citizens both graduates and none graduates. It's the only thing I expect from him.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.081
I think what people are expecting from this is the creation of more Jobs in the country that would help improve the standard of living and as well quality petroleum at a more cheaper price.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
RIF Cash
$4.004
I really wonder what's wrong with the Nigerian nation being one of the major oil producing countries in the western Africa being faced with oil shortages caused by hoarding and stuffs.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.501
This is not just about launching this though it is still good but using this avenue to create more Jobs in the country that would help improve the standard of living

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.009
The challenge is that we play politics with everything and there is every tendency that this would be politicized. We expect that it would drive down the price PMS and in multiplier, drive down the price of fuel.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.501
it is really appalling that we don't like ourselves as you have stated there is every tendency that this would be people just always want to make a mess of everything we have

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.009
For me, I would say that we should not be over excited about this refinery just yet till it starts operations. We don't know the vested interests that are in this refinery project.

Sophie

Unfamiliar
Apr 28, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.050
Well I do not know but I see it as an opportunity for the government to neglect there responsibility by dumping such an important aspect of the economy on a private sector enterprise

flower

Notable
Jan 9, 2023
RIF Cash
$2.087
It has been communicated that Nigerians shouldn't expect the pump price of petroleum to be lesser than ₦500 even if the refinery start production.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.001
Of what use is the refinery when he would the refinery would he getting crude at the can exchange rates. They also want to sell at the same price with those that import tye products?

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.501
I just want to be optimistic that it will turn out well for Nigerians but we shouldn't expect the pump price of petroleum to be too low but hopefully it should be affordable

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.025
The money that being put into subsidy can be used now to bring competition to this new refinery as many people are worried that the lack of competition will make the company to hike fuel prices.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.501
Sure fsct competition is needed. it will be good to bring competition to the new refinery. you know the disadvantage of Monopoly. Lack of competition will make the company misbehave

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.872
I think what people are expecting from this is the creation of more Jobs in the country that would help improve the standard of living and as well quality petroleum at a more cheaper price.

The only problem with Nigeria is that corruption is in every kind of setup in this country in such a way that even if jobs were created it is going to be given to those that have connection in the country.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.001
The only problem with Nigeria is that corruption is in every kind of setup in this country in such a way that even if jobs were created it is going to be given to those that have connection in the country.
This one is sure. Not many people that would work in the Dangote refinery would get the job on msrit. But the challenge is of this monumental and we'll celebrates project would have the desired impact on the economy.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.501
The expection.is high already
There will be creation of more Jobs in the country. With this we might have improved standard of living. Maybe quality petroleum would be sold at cheaper rate

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.009
I have examined the entire Dangote Refinery issue and I realized that it would take the leadership of the country to help us reap the rewards of the refinery. Also, private refineries should b encouraged to spring up.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.001
I have examined the entire Dangote Refinery issue and I realized that it would take the leadership of the country to help us reap the rewards of the refinery. Also, private refineries should b encouraged to spring up.
That is What I have been drumming since. The entire industry should be completely deregulated. Grant licenses to anyone who is able and has the desire to refine crude oil. The entire issue about high cost of fuel would have been resolved.

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.013
I heard this morning on news that the outgoing government is going to commission Dangote Refinery next week. I'm sure most people would be over joy because of this news, thinking with the Dangote Refinery working, the suffering experienced over fuels issues would be reduced.
Dangote Refinery being the first private mega Refinery in Africa is alleged to have production capacity more than Nigeria fuel consumption. Based on this logistics, it is assumed that there would be availability of fuel in the country and there won't be issues of fuel hoarding any longer.
How true this logistic would be shall definitely come to manifest after the launching next week.
Also, we should not forgotten the issue of subsidy removal suspended by the outgoing government which would be inherited by the new incoming government.
No one knows the impact this subsidy issue would have on the Dangote fuel production.
There's no much miracle or turnaround to expect, at least for the first few months of its operation because the price of petroleum products will definitely skyrocket, because it's a one man's business.

Back