What is the real reason paypal is not working in Nigeria?

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
I always wonder why Nigerians have been locked out of receiving payments from PayPal. What is the main reason for this? Is it government policy? Which other factor could be responsible?

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I always wonder why Nigerians have been locked out of receiving payments from PayPal. What is the main reason for this? Is it government policy? Which other factor could be responsible?

There could be many reasons for that. i think that you can send money if you live in Nigeria, but you cannot receive money using PayPal.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Not allowing PayPal to be used for receiving payment but allowed to send payment is unfair to us in Nigeria. It is high time the admin review our case.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.643
Paypal blacklisted Nigeria due to the high rate of cyber crimes. Though PayPal works, but you can only send and not receive. It painful though.

jetsaints30

Somewhat Known
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
The reason for the lockout is mainly due to government regulations and restrictions on international transactions. However it could also be because PayPal has seen a high rate of fraudulent activity coming from Nigeria, which has made them more cautious about allowing payments from the country.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Paypal blacklisted Nigeria due to the high rate of cyber crimes. Though PayPal works, but you can only send and not receive. It painful though.
Do we even have hope that Nigeria would ever be removed from the blacklist? It has prevented us from joining some online platforms.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.040
It is also the same thing in India. I am not sure the exact reason but it is not the same thing in every country.
PayPal is working in India. It is not banned. It's just that we can not let our money be sitting there. As soon as the money comes in our account, it is automatically transferred to our bank account without us having to send a withdrawal request. This is a new rule brought by goverment to control the cyber crimes. The government keeps a check so that people can't indulge in fraudulent activities. Also to bring all kinds of earnings into the radar of taxation.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.710
PayPal is working in India. It is not banned. It's just that we can not let our money be sitting there. As soon as the money comes in our account, it is automatically transferred to our bank account without us having to send a withdrawal request. This is a new rule brought by goverment to control the cyber crimes. The government keeps a check so that people can't indulge in fraudulent activities. Also to bring all kinds of earnings into the radar of taxation.
That's good to hear your money from PayPal is auto transfer to your bank account. Ours in Philippines PayPal requests a bank link account and it takes us 2 to 3 days to withdrawn the money thru ATM the affiliated bank of PayPal.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.643
Do we even have hope that Nigeria would ever be removed from the blacklist? It has prevented us from joining some online platforms.
Exactly, there are some sites i have come across but had to give them up cause i know I won't be able to withdraw. I don't think PayPal has any plans of removing Nigeria anytime soon though.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Thank God for cryptocurrency if not, PayPal will restrict my online hustling. PayPal is losing relevance in Nigeria economy. Is before that PayPal use to give Nigerians concern but now we have cryptocurrency

uptrendfinancialsignal

Nov 24, 2022
Dex
$3.257
Raw Dex
$0.001
Thank God for cryptocurrency if not, PayPal will restrict my online hustling. PayPal is losing relevance in Nigeria economy. Is before that PayPal use to give Nigerians concern but now we have cryptocurrency
Cryptocurrency is also banned in Nigeria ,the only way you can use cryptocurrency in via the peer-to-peer platform.

Back