What is your course of action if a competitor in business reduces the prices of your same-line products?

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$1.590
This is a bit challenging matter. If the competitor has its manufacturing facility, it will be difficult to handle the pricing of the products. It is because they can lower the totals costs of their products and they are same-line products of ours. I personally think is we need to find a supplier that will lower its materials' prices or we can can have our own manufacturing company.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.193
You have to understand why he or she reduced the price before you go and crash your market. It might even be it is a clearance sales strategy. I believe you should find a way to offer more value.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If a competitor in my line of business suddenly reduces the price of his product, I would not reciprocate by reducing mine.
Rather, I would think about how to add quality values to my product and sell at the same rate. This extra added value would compel the consumers to demand for my product.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.005
If the competitor lowers the price of their product, instead of reducing price, I would think of ways to add value to my products, such as offer additional features, expert advice, increasing speed of delivery.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If the competitor lowers the price of their product, instead of reducing price, I would think of ways to add value to my products, such as offer additional features, expert advice, increasing speed of delivery.
Thanks for supporting my views. There is no point reciprocating the gestures in the same manner if one does not want to run into loss. One should think of things to be added to the product such that it would looks rebranding and offer additional values than the erstwhile products. When the customers see this, they would be forced to purchase it.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.330
For a competitor to reduce the price, that means that there is a change in the industry that has made it possible. You also have to explore that advantage and reduce your price too.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$3.730
Raw Dex
$0.090
it is to find a way of selling or reducing the cost of yours too. Maybe try to buy in bulk to get more discount to be able to sell at the same price

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
For a competitor to reduce the price, that means that there is a change in the industry that has made it possible. You also have to explore that advantage and reduce your price too.
Competitors do take this strategy of reducing their price with the hope that more customers would take advantage of low price to demand more of their products or services.
One cannot follow same suit because customers would quickly notice the changes and misinterpreted as rival trades strategies.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$3.730
Raw Dex
$0.090
It is good to also try another way to capture the customers if the pricing isn't working for you. you can try to capture the customers through increasing the quality

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$3.833
Because your competition reduced his or her price does not mean you have to do the same as well. Firstly you need to find out the cost of this action, and if you should do the same how it would affect you and the business.

gammarays

Notable
Sep 15, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This is the reality faced by many businesses today and it can't be prevented. In business a brand can make a name either because of quality or price. So if a competitor reduces price, I'll add more features to the same price so mine becomes more valuable.

flower

Notable
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.004
Raw Dex
$0.001
This is the reality faced by many businesses today and it can't be prevented. In business a brand can make a name either because of quality or price. So if a competitor reduces price, I'll add more features to the same price so mine becomes more valuable.
In most cases, a brand will definitely make a name because of the quality of the product and that is why business owner must lay emphasis on this .

Back