What is your criteria for determining the person that you can lend money on?

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.680
Raw Dex
$0.008
So far, I have only lent money to my brother. He paid me back promptly. I think if I need to lend money to someone, I must find him/her trustworthy and has the ability to pay me back.

Sawe

Unfamiliar
May 14, 2024
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.590
I usually see if the person is trustworthy and capable of paying back; they have a job or a source of income. If you have also ever helped me, I will give you a loan too.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.020
Raw Dex
$3.790
I do not have a lot of money to lend it to someone, I am not a lender. However, if I have to lend, i will only lend to my friends and family

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.555
Raw Dex
$2.525
I usually see if the person is trustworthy and capable of paying back; they have a job or a source of income. If you have also ever helped me, I will give you a loan too.
That is a good way to secure ourselves in lending some money to others. As for me, I usually ask for any collaterals to make sure he or she is going to pay me back.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$11.025
Raw Dex
$0.005
There are no criteria. It's better not to lend your money to anyone. For me, I take a commitment from the borrower as to when he or she will return it, and if the time is suitable, I lend money; otherwise, I do not.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.555
Raw Dex
$2.525
There are no criteria. It's better not to lend your money to anyone. For me, I take a commitment from the borrower as to when he or she will return it, and if the time is suitable, I lend money; otherwise, I do not.
Personally, I usually let him or her sign on a piece of paper about the agreement. At least, I have the proof that he or she borrowed some money from me.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.475
I am not a really big fan of lending money. In fact, I absolutely dislike earning interest. This is why I have always preferred investing in businesses rather than lending out money. However, in rare cases, I would offer interest-free loans to my family members in case if they really need money.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.555
Raw Dex
$2.525
I am not a really big fan of lending money. In fact, I absolutely dislike earning interest. This is why I have always preferred investing in businesses rather than lending out money. However, in rare cases, I would offer interest-free loans to my family members in case if they really need money.
I have a strict rule in lending money to others, especially friends. I can do it with my immediate family only.

Back