What is Your Favorite Forum Script?

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$3.000
I have used multiple forum scripts for my forum, for example, SMF, phpBB and MyBB. I have also used multiple forum plugins for my wordpress powered forums. However, based on my experience, my favorite Forum Script is SMF. It is easy to use and has a clean interface. I find phpBB and MyBB tricky compared to SMF. I have no experience with Xenforo.

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.245
When it comes to forum scripts, I have a favorite for both paid software and also free software. Xenforo would have to be my favorite for paid software, it has so many options available for you to be able to start monetizing your forum from the get-go with things like user upgrades and there is so much built into the software to help you places ads and such as well without having to mess with coding in the templates.

In terms of free, I would have to say MyBB as it is the one I am used to and one that I have always found similar to Xenforo and vBulletin when it comes to working on the backend as an admin.

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.090
When it comes to forum scripts, I have a favorite for both paid software and also free software. Xenforo would have to be my favorite for paid software, it has so many options available for you to be able to start monetizing your forum from the get-go with things like user upgrades and there is so much built into the software to help you places ads and such as well without having to mess with coding in the templates.

In terms of free, I would have to say MyBB as it is the one I am used to and one that I have always found similar to Xenforo and vBulletin when it comes to working on the backend as an admin.
To say the truth there is a lot of vulnerabilities on vBulletin forums and also I think I have heard that they discontinue creation of releases so MyBB could be better than vBulletin one in terms of security of your website.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$3.000
MyBB is certainly a good open source forum software. You can easily add ad codes to your forums and monetize your forum. The script also has a huge community where you can get help to all kinds of problems.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
TThis is the first time I am hearing about this particular one and I hope that it is as good as every other ones that I have tried and I don't mind to give you a feedback if you really need one
MyBB is certainly a good open source forum software. You can easily add ad codes to your forums and monetize your forum. The script also has a huge community where you can get help to all kinds of problems.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.130
Why nobody meniton Discoussion board from Wordpress community? It can be connected with MyCred plugin and you can start paid to post forum on Wordpress base. Wordpress is free and you can get free hosting for it.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Why nobody meniton Discoussion board from Wordpress community? It can be connected with MyCred plugin and you can start paid to post forum on Wordpress base. Wordpress is free and you can get free hosting for it.
I think this is why you see that a lot of people love to make use of WordPress. It is free which means that you do not need to pay a dime for it unlike some other ones out there

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.130
I think this is why you see that a lot of people love to make use of WordPress. It is free which means that you do not need to pay a dime for it unlike some other ones out there
Both this plugins are free. In wordpress you have widgets for ads, SEO, connect it to Google Adsense program. There is many themese with dark and white backgrounds for free. You can set new every month.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Both this plugins are free. In wordpress you have widgets for ads, SEO, connect it to Google Adsense program. There is many themese with dark and white backgrounds for free. You can set new every month.
You are right but someone like me prefers the dark theme. I am always very conscious about my eyes. I woukd not want anything to affect my eye and that is why I always go for the dark mode

Back