Question What privileges does a Moderator enjoy?

Raja

Notable
Jun 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I would like to know what privileges does a Moderator enjoys and have noticed that Heatman our moderator is able to post threads rather quickly as compared to other users because when we post a thread we need to wait for some time before posting a thread but I think moderator don't need to wait.

Isn't it unfair with other users? I also think since moderator is enjoying certain privileges they shouldn't be allowed to enter any contest as such or they should be allowed to enter and shouldn't be given any extra privileges. Also what constitutes a qualification to become a moderator?

This is just my opinion and observation and I don't have anything against the admin or moderator or other users on the website.

I hope to get a reply from admin on this. @Devin

Devin

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Hello @Raja ,

I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to? To my knowledge, everyone has the same amount of posting privileges. @fords8 can you please confirm this?

EDIT: All threads that appeared as spam and were posted in a short period of time have been deleted whether it was posted by a member, mod, or admin.

Last edited:

fords8

Technician
Jun 13, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Hello @Raja ,

I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to? To my knowledge, everyone has the same amount of posting privileges. @fords8 can you please confirm this?

EDIT: All threads that appeared as spam and were posted in a short period of time have been deleted whether it was posted by a member, mod, or admin.
I just looked over the bypass settings for threads and messages, and they all look the same for all groups.

Raja

Notable
Jun 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
What I saw and observed is when I am to post 2 back to back threads I need to wait for I think 180 seconds in between but I saw mod was able to post back to back threads without any such pause

Devin

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
What I saw and observed is when I am to post 2 back to back threads I need to wait for I think 180 seconds in between but I saw mod was able to post back to back threads without any such pause
I had reviewed moderator permissions earlier and had turned off a few features, I wasn't sure if that was the issue, but I believe this has been resolved now since ford was unable to locate any differences. The only users that are officially able to bypass spam checks are the administration team. As for moderators, they are unable to bypass the spam check and all permissions are exactly the same as members. With this being said, any posts that were created by Heatman in short time durations have been permanently deleted along with anyone else who had done the same things. I have also implemented a new restriction for our RIF Points system, members and staff are required to post a minimum of 100 characters per reply and/or thread (approximately 10 words) in order to receive credit for their posts.

Raja

Notable
Jun 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I had reviewed moderator permissions earlier and had turned off a few features, I wasn't sure if that was the issue, but I believe this has been resolved now since ford was unable to locate any differences. The only users that are officially able to bypass spam checks are the administration team. As for moderators, they are unable to bypass the spam check and all permissions are exactly the same as members. With this being said, any posts that were created by Heatman in short time durations have been permanently deleted along with anyone else who had done the same things. I have also implemented a new restriction for our RIF Points system, members and staff are required to post a minimum of 100 characters per reply and/or thread (approximately 10 words) in order to receive credit for their posts.
That's a great step. I appreciate

Devin

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Now that this has been clarified, I am moving this thread to the archives. If you have any other questions or concerns, please send me a message and let me know. :)

Back