When was the last time you broke a promise?

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$6.293
Raw Dex
$0.030
Some people have the habit of doing promise and breaking it. I don't know why they promise when they cannot keep it. I am a kind of a person who promises rarely to people anything as I don't want ro hurt someone by breaking it. How about you? Do you easily break promises?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$4.000
Raw Dex
$0.830
I never had a promise to someone else broken. I do not like to hurt others' feelings. It is also not good to promise if the intention is not to make it happen. Never joke like that for it will boomerang to us, unless the reason is valid, so we cannot avoid breaking a promise.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.415
Raw Dex
$0.000
Some people have the habit of doing promise and breaking it. I don't know why they promise when they cannot keep it. I am a kind of a person who promises rarely to people anything as I don't want ro hurt someone by breaking it. How about you? Do you easily break promises?
I don't start what I can't finished. so I don't make promises I don't keep . I personally don't like broken promises.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$6.293
Raw Dex
$0.030
I also don't like to hurt others' feelings and when I feel I won't be able to keep promises I don't promise. It's not good to hurt the feelings of others by cheating others. I see many people who don't hesitate to break promises.
Post automatically merged:

I don't start what I can't finished. so I don't make promises I don't keep . I personally don't like broken promises.

That's what everyone should do.
Post automatically merged:

That's what everyone should do.

Mikky

Notable
Jul 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
"Promise is a big debt" that what I tell myself whenever I'm about to make a promise, I dislike breaking a promise so I rarely make one because if I end up breaking the made promise i will see myself as an incompetent fellow who couldn't fulfil the promise he made. The last promise i broke was to myself.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$6.293
Raw Dex
$0.030
And what was that promise you broke to yourself? That's true and also once you break a promise people hesitate to trust you. No one wants to believe in such people who can't stay on their word.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$3.300
I broke a promise when ex-partner cheated on me. It means I need to cut the relationship without any second thought. It is how life is nowadays.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$6.293
Raw Dex
$0.030
You didn't break the promise but she broke the promise as she cheated on you. It's obvious anyone would have broken such a relationship. I don't think it's a case of breaking a promise from your side.

moonlight_latte

Complete Stranger
Sep 17, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
When making a promise, I really try my best to keep it and not disappoint the person I made it with. However, promises that I make to myself end up being broken sometimes, such as to choose myself once in a while.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.625
I don't make promises unless I am very sure of making it fulfilled. I would try to avoid it as I am not at all for hurting people's feeling. I would mostly say that I don't promise, but I would try my best to....and I give my best to do that.

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.520
Raw Dex
$0.190
I do not make series promises, so when I make promises I might also easily break them. For instance I might promise someone that I will do certain things for them and I might just break my promise

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$3.300
I do not make series promises, so when I make promises I might also easily break them. For instance I might promise someone that I will do certain things for them and I might just break my promise
I had some promises before and they were broken. So I changed my way of thinking that I should not make any promises to anyone.

freelancermaria

Well Known
Oct 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.113
I do not often make promises. I simply do what I need to do, such as surprising someone with an item they need or helping them whenever I can. Promises can be broken, and I do not want that to happen, especially when something unexpected comes up.

Back