Why are there so many Filipinos in the middle eastern countries?

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.541
I have met many people who belonged to the Philippines. However, I have met them in Saudi Arabia. Majority of them come to Saudi Arabia and other middle eastern countries for job purposes. However, I have always wondered why there are so many Filipinos in Saudi Arabia and other middle eastern countries? Is there any particular reason for that?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.892
It is because they need to work overseas. In my country, we lack of jobs for the local people. That is the reason why they take the chances to work abroad. I also did this before in China and Hong Kong.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.394
My brother works in Saudi Arabia but sad for almost 4 years now they were not paid. They suffer hunger. My family sends money to my brother monthly. His girlfriend will help him get an exit visa for Dubai. I have many relatives who work abroad.

Sawe

Somewhat Known
May 14, 2024
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.823
I can't really tell the reason for that but I guess they just tell each other about where they are, how it is and that attracts more people to go there. I have seen that happen even in my country. Many people started going to Australia because they kept referring each other there.

Back