Why do windows 10 laptops take a long time to start?

ridsa

Complete Stranger
Dec 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yeah. That's what my brother told me too. It makes wonders having good amount of RAM.
It's not just about RAM depend of what you need for working. for office work 4gb is enough, gaming or design/rendering you need up to 8gb. Other factors are how fast your CPU/GPU make a process but upgrade your storage to SSD can make a big different, the loading time are more fast even if you have small RAM.

iyanpol12

Notable
Nov 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It's not just about RAM depend of what you need for working. for office work 4gb is enough, gaming or design/rendering you need up to 8gb. Other factors are how fast your CPU/GPU make a process but upgrade your storage to SSD can make a big different, the loading time are more fast even if you have small RAM.
I'll be happy with 8gb though. I wanted to do tasks with fast processing.

EmmanuelTheis

Complete Stranger
Oct 16, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Windows 10 laptops taking longer to start compared to Windows 7 can be due to a few reasons. One common culprit is the number of startup programs. Check your Task Manager's "Startup" tab and disable unnecessary apps. Also, regular disk cleanup and defragmentation can help speed things up.Another factor could be hardware. If your laptop's specs are on the lower side, it might struggle with Windows 10's demands. Consider upgrading RAM or switching to an SSD for quicker boot times.And if you're ever on the hunt for tech tips or affordable Windows keys, there's this Reddit sub for cheap Windows keys that can offer some useful insights.

Last edited:

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.055
My laptop is okay with windows 10 what's not okay is windows 11 it slows down my so I reinstalled back windows 10. It is better now less hassle and fast to show.

Conchitador

Complete Stranger
Oct 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If your laptop has been in use for a while, it might have accumulated a lot of background processes and startup applications, which can further delay boot times. One way to speed things up is to manage your startup programs. You can do this by going to the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), clicking on the "Startup" tab, and disabling unnecessary apps from starting up with your computer. If you ever decide to upgrade to Windows 11 or need a legit Windows key, you can check out https://digitalchillmart.com/product/windows-11-pro-32-64-bit/

Last edited:

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.338
Windows 10 tends to load more services and applications during startup, which can slow it down.
I am using a window 10 and my loading time is extremely fast. It does not take up to a minute for me to on the laptop and for it to load. I have not had slowing loading since I started using it.

Back