Why is Crypto Banned?

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
Currently many countries (governments) prohibit crypto either directly or indirectly. As China has banned all crypto transaction activities, it is even considered illegal and will be subject to punishment. In Indonesia crypto is prohibited as a means of exchange, so it can only be used to buy on foreign sites such as domains or web hosting on Namecheap. In Indonesia, crypto is considered a commodity that can be traded on crypto exchanges. But indirectly, the government also limits the movement of crypto by imposing a tax for every sale transaction subject to an income tax of 0.2, while if a purchase is subject to VAT of 0.11%, how is crypto treated in your country?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$6.293
Raw Dex
$0.050
30% tax on profits from trading, selling or spending crypto and a 1% TDS tax on the sale of crypto assets exceeding more than RS50,000 in a single financial year.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Currently many countries (governments) prohibit crypto either directly or indirectly. As China has banned all crypto transaction activities, it is even considered illegal and will be subject to punishment. In Indonesia crypto is prohibited as a means of exchange, so it can only be used to buy on foreign sites such as domains or web hosting on Namecheap. In Indonesia, crypto is considered a commodity that can be traded on crypto exchanges. But indirectly, the government also limits the movement of crypto by imposing a tax for every sale transaction subject to an income tax of 0.2, while if a purchase is subject to VAT of 0.11%, how is crypto treated in your country?
There was also a time that cryptocurrency was banned in my country but the ban has been lifted

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
There was also a time that cryptocurrency was banned in my country but the ban has been lifted
I am happy to hear that, if your government has lifted the crypto ban, because as far as I know your country Nigeria is one of the biggest users of crypto, but is the tax rate.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
One thing that's very obvious is that the government want to control cryptocurrency but that's going to be very difficult. It's banned in my country but we still find a way to deal with it.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.006
There are still restrictions on the use of crypto currency in Nigeria even till now though. I received a message from my raven wallet some days back reminding me that they would block any account they noticed is dealing with crypto.

Back