Why many youths are engaging in commercial motorcycle riding business.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
RIF Cash
$-4.236
If you come to Nigeria, you would discovered lots of people especially youths are engaging in commercial motorcycle riding business. This motorcycle business popularly called "Okada" is flourishing and can be found operating in every parts of the federation. Both youngs and adults, graduates and illiterate are found in this trade. They are doing it in order to survive and take care of their families.
They resorted to this business as a result of poor economic situation in the country. Some of them are artisans, but because they don't have steady electricity to operate, they have to embark on Okada riding.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.501
Yeah this is a good business if you can do it yourself because leaving it for another might not fetch you the kind of money you would have made it you are doing it yourself

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
RIF Cash
$4.004
In my country the number is ever increasing. This is because the rates of an unemployment are so high that the graduates are desperate enough to engage themselves in the commercial motorcycle riding.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.501
Same here in my country the number is ever increasing. They need to make money and fend for their families so they go into this due to the high rates of an unemployment

Yohanna

Notable
Mar 19, 2023
RIF Cash
$-4.900
Majority of them do not like such a kind of job, but due to the high unemployment rate, they are left with no choice.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.001
Many youths join the motorcycle business because it's cheap and not so demanding to start. Also, they have no good source of business. Most ofem are graduates.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.501
Yeah due to the high unemployment rate in some countries now a lot of young men do this kind of job now, , they are left with no choice to use this to feed.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
RIF Cash
$-4.236
Yeah this is a good business if you can do it yourself because leaving it for another might not fetch you the kind of money you would have made it you are doing it yourself
It is not a good business if you agree with me. It is a time wasting exercise that do not controls respect in the society. It is an exercise that drains off energy from them. It makes them look older than their ages. People are doing it for the sake of survival and not their passion.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.020
It is not a good business if you agree with me. It is a time wasting exercise that do not controls respect in the society. It is an exercise that drains off energy from them. It makes them look older than their ages. People are doing it for the sake of survival and not their passion.
Well, I've seen some of them that makes a reasonable amount of money from it. The purpose of every business venture is to maximize profit. But personally I do not like those type of business.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.001
I think it is the easiest and fastest means to start making money. It doesn't require any special skills to enter the industry. And there are no stringent rules and regulations / barrier to entry.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.003
I personally can't do the business but it has proven to be a life saver for some people to survive with their families. Of course, it gives good money because it is part of transportation business.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.501
Nothing wrong with this at all it is easy to start making money with it. It doesn't require any special training to enter the industry. Just know how to ride and that's it money is made

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.872
When there is high employment rate in any country the citizens will always look for means for them to survive and is the reason why you see a lot of people being self-employed in order for them to make both ends meet.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.484
What does this commercial motorbike ride mean? Is he some sort of online taxi driver, package/food delivery courier, and something like that? If true, then there are many such things in my country. They work closely with application providers such as shopee, Gojek, Grab, Maxim, and so on.

Shavkat

Sep 7, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.608
In my opinion, they do this because it is a good source of income. If I am a good rider, I would want to do a delivery man as a rider.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.003
What are you even saying? Do you know how essential the services of those people are to society? Who is even talking about respect when it comes to legit money? That's an archaic thinking. This kind of mentality is what is keeping Nigerians impoverished.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.020
This kind of business is mostly common in many parts of the world. If you are a good rider you can maximize profit from it if you're consistent enough.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.081
You can't really blame them though, these days there are no jobs out there so the youths have no choice but to go into the bike riding business. It is usually lucrative.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.855
I do not see a lot of people engaging in this kind of business in my location. Most of them who do this are into food delivery. I can understand this kind of business can be popular in countries with high unemployment rate.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.009
It is a very popular business in Nigeria. That's because it is a necessity because of the way our cities are planned. It helps in navigation and decibgesting traffic.

Back