Why some business owners dread a general meeting with staff.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Some business owners run away from holding a general meeting with their staff. They are always claiming busy when it comes to general staff meeting. These are the reasons

1) They are scared of a united voice.
2)They won't want other staff to know about conditions of other staff like pay package etc.
3) There is an issue they don't want to address.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$7.008
Business owners can only be scared of such meetings if they are doing something wrong. If they are working hand in hand with their employees, then they have notting to fear or worry about.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
@eldavis I was told a private school owner had just called a general meeting before now. You know normal beginning of term meeting with staff. When heard that the teachers are ready to tackle him to increase their pay in the meeting, the man had to run away and feign illness.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$7.008
@eldavis I was told a private school owner had just called a general meeting before now. You know normal beginning of term meeting with staff. When heard that the teachers are ready to tackle him to increase their pay in the meeting, the man had to run away and feign illness.
Haha, but how long can he pretend to be sick? He would have to face the music sooner or later. The current economy is not friendly, the price of fuel recently is something else, the cost of living right now is high, so there needs to be an increase in salary for the workers to survive.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.253
I believe it is only business owners that are doing something bad that will be scared of such meetings If they is notting wrong then nothing to fear

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.253
Yes there's always something fishy with Businesses or business oenete that does not want to hold a general meeting with the employees. Why are they afraid if nothing is wrong

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The truth is that all these business owners know when they are not doing their staff well especially when it comes to pay. And they won't want to face the complains of their staff.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.130
Insecure bosses don't even want to talk to their staff. They have secretaries that they would send to bear the brunt of their excesses. I have worked in an organization where the owner doesn't want to meet and talk with any staff or even customer beautiful because he doesn't want any form of criticism.

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Whatever their reason, I think that business owners who employ these excuses have their days numbered. The current world does not allow a business owner to trample upon the rights and interests of their employees. It is thus better for these business owners to change tact, before they find themselves in a tight spot.

Back