Why starting a business might be difficult for most this year.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.463
At the moment the economy and the country it self is currently battling with inflation, due to this there have not only be an increase in transportation but also the cost of goods and services have increased. This might make it abit hard for young entrepreneurs hoping to start their business this year difficult. They would have to spend more.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Inflation is one of the biggest stumbling block to starting any kind of business because it is going to make everything very expensive and practically draw down on them profit-making you will have in the business if you even start it.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$2.990
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes, in many countries, the economy has not bounced back from Pandemic. The price of goods has increased. It's not easy to start a business at this time unless you have a unique product/service to offer.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.850
Raw Dex
$0.003
The economy is bad all over the world. I don't know if it is worse in Nigeria as we are currently battling with inflation. The increase in transportation and cost of goods is high

Unique_Lady

Complete Stranger
Jun 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
A lot of people are going through a lot of challenges this period. It is a sad situation for most and I wonder how long it is going to take for the government of my country to do something about this.

Yes, I agree that there is need for people to believe that they can, but when you look at the economic difficulties and whether your business can flourish or not, you become worried.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
The economy is bad all over the world. I don't know if it is worse in Nigeria as we are currently battling with inflation. The increase in transportation and cost of goods is high

Unfortunately I don't believe that as a result of how bad the economy is people should not be able to start a business they want to which is why you have to make sure you have a very good plan so that even with the bad economy, you can be able to set up something.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.850
Raw Dex
$0.710
The cost of doing any kind of business has doubled from what it was last year. People that had been saving up to start a business would have to extend their savings for that dream to ever come true.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.850
Raw Dex
$0.003
Yes that's the reality oj ground now. You need to double up to be able to start a business. A lot of business now no matter how small is capital intensive

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.850
Raw Dex
$0.710
Yes that's the reality oj ground now. You need to double up to be able to start a business. A lot of business now no matter how small is capital intensive
A business that was projected to be started with 100k last year? You would be very lucky if 200k can start that same business this year. I know of so many people who have used their savings for their planned businesses to save themselves from hunger caused by huge inflation. B

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$1.060
The local currency of my country has greatly plummeted against the dollar which has doubled the cost of getting inputs for business. And the global inflation has not even made things any easier.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.870
Someone once told me that I should keep my money and not waste it on any business this year. With the up and down trend in the prices commodities, it is difficult to predict a pattern to even know when to enter a business.

AruneBend

Notable
Apr 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Inflation is a big factor it's sad that so many bussiness closed down because of it infation in my country is still high and a lot of peaple have troubles affording simple stuff

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Indeed this year in Nigeria is going to be very difficult to start up a business due to The Fall and inflation of the economy of the country and it is such a pity.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
The intense level of competition also makes it difficult for young entrepreneurs to start building their business, they have to struggle at the start of starting a business, willing to accept little profit. Because he has to attract new customers so that over time he can become a regular customer. Only then can he raise the price according to the prevailing market price.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.463
The cost of doing any kind of business has doubled from what it was last year. People that had been saving up to start a business would have to extend their savings for that dream to ever come true.
Very true, the price of every has gone up. Currently the cost of petrol in my area is around 510 in our local currency, i heard someone saying as from this month once they start buying new fuel from the market, they would start selling at around 700 in local currency.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.850
Raw Dex
$0.710
Very true, the price of every has gone up. Currently the cost of petrol in my area is around 510 in our local currency, i heard someone saying as from this month once they start buying new fuel from the market, they would start selling at around 700 in local currency.
With this reality, the cost of transportation has risen which also means that the price of consumer goods and production inputs have also risen. Anyone that wants to rent a shop for instance now, would have to pay double the price. Some people are keeping their capital I in hope that things would improve next year.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.463
With this reality, the cost of transportation has risen which also means that the price of consumer goods and production inputs have also risen. Anyone that wants to rent a shop for instance now, would have to pay double the price. Some people are keeping their capital I in hope that things would improve next year.
Oh i have not even thought about the cost of renting a store. You are right. Renting a store these days is becoming more expensive due to the cost of living the landlords and store owners want to make sure they get their money.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.870
Oh i have not even thought about the cost of renting a store. You are right. Renting a store these days is becoming more expensive due to the cost of living the landlords and store owners want to make sure they get their money.
And most of them don't even want to accept a one year payment as a start. They want two years down payment. That makes it difficult for an aspiring entrepreneur to be able to set up.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.130
Raw Dex
$0.000
Starting a business is difficult only for those who lack knowledge, for all those who have knowledge starting a business, especially an online business takes less than 30 minutes. Making it successful is a different matter

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.463
For does who have the knowledge it would definitely be a lot easier but having the knowledge for the business startup does not mean the capital for the startup is there.

Back